• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to install Premiere Pro 14.3 (macOS) but cannot find it

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing an extension for a customer who is still using PPro 14.3. They report an incompatibility of my extension, which works on latest 14.8 but does not work in 14.3.

In order to debug this, I need to run 14.3 on my development system, which is on macOS 10.13.6.

The help article relating to installing older versions is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

It suggests that I should find an "Other versions" in the "…" button menu. However, all I see is this:

Clearly, the Cloud installer has a bug here because, just because version 15 is not compatible, it doesn't offer the still compatible v14 options any more.

Is there another way to get to the installer for the older version?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

The person in the chat also confirmed the issue with the installer, i.e. he agreed that this is not intended behavior and should get fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even worse, I cannot even re-install 14.8 now, even though it worked on this system before. I thought I had to uninstall it first to install the older version. Now I cannot run ANY PPro version on my dev system due to this issue. I'm paying for a subscription but can't run the software I'm paying for, and for a still-supported system (PPro 14 for macOS 10.13). Just because the installer doesn't show the option any more as it should.

How do I get this resolved? This is not a community question but a clear issuer with Adobe's delivery method. But I can't even find a way to contact Adobe directly about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your creative Cloud membership only allows for the 2 latest versions that you are licensed for. So for Premiere the creative cloud allows for 15.0 and 14.9. If none of them are showing up, I might try the Adobe Cleaner tool and wipe out everything, then re-install. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

For earlier versions you can try contacting support to see if they will send you a link to an older version. Also ProDesign tools tries to keep links to recent versions and it has back to 2019 which should be 13.15, so maybe has has a link to 14.3. Not sure. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html 

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonah, I cannot even install 14.9, though. That's the one I had apparently installed before I uninstalled it earlier today. So, I should at least be able to get that one back, but the Cloud app won't let me.

Thank you for the link to the list with older version. Unfortunately, that only lists PPro 13, and I need 14.3.

My client won't upgrade from 14.3 anytime soon because of issues with newer versions, so I'm stuck with them using 14.3, and I need that version myself in order to debug the issue. Quite a developer-hostile policy that Adobe is forcing on us, here. I may be left with getting a cracked copy only to fulfill my work. So stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you are licensed for the current and the previous so 15.0 and 14.9, if it won't let you install 14.9 there is something wrong, which is why I mentioned the Cleaner Utility, as it might fix that issue.

Then you need to contact Adobe and see if they will give you a 14.3 link.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt that the cleaner will help because it's not an install error I get (where it would help) but the problem is that the installer does not even offer to install it because it wants to tell me that my macOS is too old for v15, even though it's not too old for v14. And I don't want to run the cleaner for nothing because it might then remove even more Adobe apps that I can't re-install then due to this current issue.

I have now managed to contact Adobe via chat and was supplied with an installer of 14.5, at least. Thanks for pointing me to that. I had previously trouble getting support, though now I reliaze that I must have been blind that time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person in the chat also confirmed the issue with the installer, i.e. he agreed that this is not intended behavior and should get fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case someone else is looking for a 14.3 installer, here is the direct link from Adobe

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/PPRO/14.3/win64/834b54d7-8c38-44b7-80b8-24d80eb370c9/AdobePremiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines