• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import jpeg sequence - file naming

Advocate ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get PR to recognise a sequence as a sequence even if it is not literally named eg 0001.jpg?

I'd like to include original file name or date eg

0001-13-01-2023.jpg 

Can you use parentheses or another delimiter to make this work?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Put the padding (the “00001”) at the tail of the filename for reliable results; however, as long as the images fall in the correct alphabetical order, it should be fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the padding (the “00001”) at the tail of the filename for reliable results; however, as long as the images fall in the correct alphabetical order, it should be fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks yep it seems if you have the sequence at the start it fails, if its at the end it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use a program on win 10 called renamer

ReNamer - Download (softonic.com)

been a while since i used it, but basically you copy your files (jpg) to a temporary directory so only jpg file are there, open renamer, append prefix to filename ( 0001 and a dash 0001- ) and it renames all the files while keeping the original filenames after your new prefix ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your Creative Cloud plan include After Effects?

It is more flexible about where the padding is placed in the filename for an Image Sequence and also has a check box for “Force alphabetical order” if needed.

You could place that into a Composition, render a new Image Sequence, or render a High Quality video file - any of which can then be imported into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is. I was just playing around with that for the last 15 minutes to double check and I tried it several different ways and solutions. Usually, that workflow is for importing an animation. So perhaps if you shared more details on why you want to keep the original file name or date we can come up with a workable solution for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines