• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported clip is missing several seconds

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short video clip (mp4) from a security camera. The details of the clip according to Windows Explorer properties are:

Length 00:00:58

Width 1280

Height 720

Data rate 1142 kbps

Total bitrate 1270 kbps

Frame rate 15.02

The file plays just fine on Windows 11 using the default video player, and on an Android phone.

When I import the file into Premiere, the clip is only 41:05 long.

For some buggy reason the file is being cut by ~17 seconds.

In any video player, I can see the very first frame of the video before I hit play (the starting point).

But the first frame in Premiere is NOT the same. Premiere is chopping off 15 seconds from the start of the clip.

The end (last frame) is the same in Premiere and an external video player.

I have already checked the properties of the clip in Premiere and I can see the frame rate is set to "use frame rate from file: 15." I have also tried changing that to "assume frame rate" and manually making it 15. Nothing works. This seems like an obvious bug that has been reported for YEARS all over the internet. I'm guessing if there was something wrong with the file or format, a) it wouldn't play fine everywhere else, and b) it wouldn't play AT ALL in Premiere. Does anyone have any thoughts?

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

O.k, then i would tried to set the function to Rewrap instead. This rewraps the file and create a new one and during that process odd things gets corrected. I have used that when .mp4 files have had glitches in playback and export from Premiere Pro. When i rewrap the file/s from mp4 to mp4 they plaback and export without issues. Worth trying before transcoding the footage. 

...But when I import them to Premiere, total length is 30 mins.

By @JimmyDPhotography

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame rate 15.02

By @JimmyDPhotography

Many users are having issues with Variable Frame Rate. Use Handbrake to convert to constant frame rate before importing into Premiere Pro:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Shutter Encoder may also be used to convert to Constant Frame Rate:
https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob thanks. Looking at Shutter Encoder. What function would I use to set constant frame rate? Everything I choose only shows bitrate adjustments. I don't see frame rate settings anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Conform as the function since you want to conform the frame rate from 15.02 to either 15 fps or 30 fps. I could not find 15 fps but 30 fps will do the trick.

Averdahl_0-1726342264246.png

What function would I use to set constant frame rate? Everything I choose only shows bitrate adjustments. I don't see frame rate settings anywhere.

By @JimmyDPhotography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Averdahl @Peru Bob thanks but that either made it worse or didn't help LOL. It confomed all the clips to 30 fps, and in Shutter Encode it showed the total length of all the clips combined is 58 mins. But when I import them to Premiere, total length is 30 mins. Not only is this incredibly frustrating, but how many people are exporting movies and going about their happy way never knowing that footage has been cut out of the final video with no indication unless you watch the entire video closely and notice that it suddenly jumps from once frame to some random frame. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, then i would tried to set the function to Rewrap instead. This rewraps the file and create a new one and during that process odd things gets corrected. I have used that when .mp4 files have had glitches in playback and export from Premiere Pro. When i rewrap the file/s from mp4 to mp4 they plaback and export without issues. Worth trying before transcoding the footage. 

...But when I import them to Premiere, total length is 30 mins.

By @JimmyDPhotography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Averdahl I think that worked 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear! 🙂

Thanks for reporting back!

@Averdahl I think that worked 👍

By @JimmyDPhotography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines