• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing large files stuck on processing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to import large video files to Premiere pro with no luck. Files that are as big as 600gb are fine but when it comes to anything up to 1tb, I'm stuck on processing and does not import when attempting to. Is it possible to import these videos anyway? I would rather avoid rendering these files again! Photos attached. Thanks.

1CA377F0-FFF5-4100-8732-43B073564D1C.png

894C832E-3C93-497A-A7E0-04E8D806B9BE.png

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask what the origin of the file is? A single 1.95TB file is massive. What's the resolution, frame-rate, codec & duration?

It's not uncompressed is it?

I'm not aware of any filesize limitation that would cause this necessarily, but I've never tried importing a file that big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're ProRes 422 HQ videos exported from Insta360 at 8k 30fps. The same video files that are under 1tb import fine, but it seems like anything above 1tb is just showing processing... I also have them importing from a hard drive as my comp does not have the space for these files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have them importing from a hard drive as my comp does not have the space for these files. 

By @brad28054206wb4w

You may not have enough free space on your system drive for temp files.

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer I'm working on does not exceed 1TB. I have two 20tb and an 8tb drive, 8tb has only ~5tb worth of data written to it so far and the two 20s are just about full. I tried every hard drive and same issue occurs. Do you think if I were working with a computer that had more disk space this issue would still exist? I'm not sure what is all involved when importing a file into Premiere... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the Media Cache files located?

Which drive is the system drive?

What is on each drive (media, cache, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the media cache set for my computer and also tried setting to one of the other hard drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to import large video files to Premiere pro with no luck. Files that are as big as 600gb are fine but when it comes to anything up to 1tb, I'm stuck on processing and does not import when attempting to. 

By @brad28054206wb4w

I tried to create a large 8K file and it became 2,5TB, Apple ProRes 422HQ. That file imports instanlty and play back as expected. The RAM usage does climb up to 24GB so with less RAM i can see why Premiere Pro struggles and the same goes if the file is on a USB or LAN connection.

Regarding free space, the amount of TB free says nothing, the amount of free space in % says everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I have a Mac Studio with 8TB SSD and 128gb mem coming next month so hopefully I have transfer a file over to the computer disk if import doesn't work straight from the external drive. I am very excited that you were able to import that large of a file, if I could go back and re process my files I would have done something like H264 but wanted best quality possible so went with ProRes 🙃. I will give it a shot when the mac studio arrives and report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

still seeing the same issue even after having a new Mac Studio 8TB SSD and having the file on the SSD instead of external drive. Same exact issue - file says processing and when trying to import, import files box appears but never loads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

still seeing the same issue even after having a new Mac Studio 8TB SSD and having the file on the SSD instead of external drive. Same exact issue - file says processing and when trying to import, import files box appears but never loads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue here, but with much smaller file sizes.

AE exports, Sony A7IV, A7III and rodecaster pro files. 

All audio and video files are not processing when trying to link the media...

This also happens to projects I've been working on before without any struggles.

This problem started about a week ago, and I can't reopen almost all projects I started...

Tried to place all files on different types of drives, have enough space, deleted media cache, u pdated my MacBook, etc.

The only thing I didn't try was using an older version of Premiere Pro... I'll let you know if that worked out for me.

As you can see in the pictures below... the linking media freezes, then when you hit cancel all files that are 'missing' are showing up, but when trying to link them by hand they are not processing for hours (and probably even longer)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything from reinstalling the application to removing all settings in premiere pro...

Stil experiencing the same problem.... The last thing that I can think of is resetting my MacBook to the factory settings...

Let's hope that works..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Started a week ago and seem - in my case -  to only affect mp4 files. Thought there was an icloud sync issue at first but no.

i updated t latest premiere version 10 days ago.  Been struggling a lot. Can't seem to ger around it. Can open the files in QuickTime though so no damaged files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to a official apple partner after days of trying everything... there I decided to delete everything from my laptop and made them downgrade my laptop to macOS monterey version 12.6.5 (latest they could give me)... now everythings works fine... probably something with the new Ventura 13.3.1 update and the premiere pro software... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to mention, on a apple silicon it's not possible to do the downgrade yourself, and I had to pay for it -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have mentioned I run Mac M1 Pro,Ventura. However; i didnt update to 13.3.1 until yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case - there was an interference with any of my few plugins. Issue resolved on my side with great help from the adobe support (Pawan).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines