• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing media from iCloud drive?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere Pro and was wondering if it's possible to import media from iCloud drive stored on my Mac HD into a new project? If not, can someone give some best practices, tips on how to do correctly?

To give some context, I have video footage on a few different external hard drives which I backed up on iCloud drive and organized them into folders (interview, b-roll, etc) in preparation for editing (I wanted the footage backed up and organized in the same place to prevent having to maneuver between hard drives when importing media). After I installed PP and Media Encoder, I went to the Media Browser but couldn't find my iCloud drive? If I can't, in fact, import the media from iCloud drive, how do I proceed?

Thanks in advance for any expert advice. As I said, I'm new to this and would appreciate any direction one may be able to provide!

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro really needs to use media from local drives.

Even if you could use media from the cloud, performance might suffer so much as to make it unmanageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - follow up question if you can help...I have limited space on my laptop and don't know the best method for moving files/copying files from iCloud drive to my local drives so the footage appears in the Media Browser. If anyone can chime in with best practices or tips, I would be grateful! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I actually copied files unto a new, larger external HD and it's showing up in Media Browser.

New issue, though (see attached screenshots): Some of the clips are greyed out whereas others are not, therefore only a subset of my clips are visible in Media Browser and not all of them (which I need for editing).

Any tips on how to resolve? They are "older" QT files. Do I need to download a new QT version? If so, how do I proceed? Or could this be a re-linking issue?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 8.47.50 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines