• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

in app tutorials not loading for premiere pro

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the in app tutorials before and found them very useful. So after sometime, I've went to load them up again for a refresher in Premiere Pro, and the workspace and project loads up, which you can play around with,  but there is no accompanying tutorial that guides you through. Am I missing something? As I've done it before, is this a one-time use sort of operation?>

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Shoutout to Rohit Pandita on the Adobe support team, I was able to resolve this with a minor tweak to the other methods mentioned here.

- Navigate to the /Users/Shared/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2023/Learn Panel/payloads/en_US folder

- Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog, Click the Lock symbol in the lower right and enter administrator credentials

- Click the "more options" icon on the lower left, jsut to the right of the + and - icons

- Select "Apply to all enclosed items..."

This should apply the correct pe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with the folder being left in a read only state does not happen all of the time.  We actually had the installer modify their installation read/write levels to fix the original issue.  However we have not identified why this does not always work.  Were you installing as a non-admin user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm an admin user. I didn't get any permission errors when changing the read only state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just collecting some background info to see if there is pattern to the failures.  Is this a new install, if not what was the previous version of Pr that was installed.  If you did have a previous Pr version installed did you use the Update feature in the desktop creative cloud app?  When the tutorials did not download, did you try to restarting Pr and try again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated from the previous version 23.6, using the desktop creative cloud app, I always keep up to date. I did try restarting premiere pro, but the tutorials still didn't work, the tutorials panel was blank. After closing premiere and changing the read-only status on that folder tutorials started working. This was on my laptop. I subsequently did the same update on my desktop PC, which is also Windows 10, and the tutorials loaded fine on that. On both machines the user was an administrator. I guess that doesn't help you at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info.  I original issue did involve updating from the previous version so it looks like there could be some scenarios that the original fix is still not being applied correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines