• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In premiere pro can an effect (mosaic) be applied to an adjustment layer using Automation Blocks?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want automation blocks to bring in an adjustment layer, and apply the mosaic effect with a mask already set.  I can get the adjustment layer to work, is there any way to apply an effect with automation blocks?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Today we published an update of Automation Blocks, which includes a block to execute arbitrary jsx code

You can use this now also to execute the qe dom code you found to apply effects to clips.

See here:

https://docs.mamoworld.com/automation-blocks/block-reference/prOther#clip-apply-effect

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

unfortunately, the scripting engine of Pr cannot apply effects, yet, therefore Automation Blocks also cannot do it. I am sorry, but I don't know of any workaround for that (except for using Ae instead of Pr - in Ae you can apply effects and presets with Automation Blocks easily).

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to execute separate .jsx file within automation blocks? 
I found this video on yt where the author applies effect with the script he made, I'm quite new to this, but how is this different to automation blocks? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is very interesting! I was not aware that this is possible.

The tutorial uses functions from the qe dom. This is a part of the scripting engine, which is not documented and only indended to be used by Adobe internally. This also means, there is no support for those and they could in principle break any time. But very exciting to see that it is possible. I just added a note about this on my todo list - maybe I should support adding effects using that method, too.

Currently, executing custom extendscript code is not possible, yet, but I have it on my feature request list already. Could happen that this will be added in the next few month.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that's sweet. Thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today we published an update of Automation Blocks, which includes a block to execute arbitrary jsx code

You can use this now also to execute the qe dom code you found to apply effects to clips.

See here:

https://docs.mamoworld.com/automation-blocks/block-reference/prOther#clip-apply-effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is amazing, I'll be using that. Thanks Mathias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines