Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect Audio Waveforms - Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm currently using Premiere Pro 13.1.3 (Build 44) on Windows 10 Pro and I'm having an issue with audio waveforms. It happens at least once a month with large projects.

Once I create a new sequence from my multi cam timeline I click Sequence at the top and then select Render Audio so that the wave forms will appear in my new sequence where I'm making angle changes. The audio plays correctly and everything is synced as it should be but the audio wave forms are extremely incorrect.

I've deleted cached files, peak files, deleted/re installed premiere, restarted my computer, check software updates, etc. and still to no avail I cannot solve this issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

I found a solution for me. Had this problem on a slightly bigger project file than usual. Clearing media cache didn't work for me (I cleared the files and the database). What did work was clearing peak files (also in a folder in appdata\roaming\adobe\common) and reopening premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, modern problems require ancient solutions lmao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy fix: go to the source of the file on your computer, rename the file something unique that you have never used before. The media in Premiere should go 'offline', at which point you can click 'locate' and find the newly renamed file. Premiere will reload the the waveform correctly. This is because it was using a waveform for a previous file that shared the same name. Hope someone finds this helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an account just to reply to you, THANK YOU, this is what fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much sir, it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much, it helped instanteniously 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much sir, it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this completely deleted the waveform for me 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines