• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insta360 editing video

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having very poor (blurry) results when trying to edit Insta360 footage in Premiere Pro using the GoPro FX Reframe effect.

The same footage in the Insta360 studio app looks fine.

Any thoughts?

Phil

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts are; you should provide more information as to what you're talking about. Is this in the timeline or in the render? If in the timeline, what is your sequence settings, if in render then what are both your sequence settings and render settings? What are your file specs? More information makes it much  much easier for people to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issues. I'm using export settings: H264, 3840x2160, vbr 1 pass 70mbps, maximum render quality.

Even the preview if set to high quality and full resolution is poor. Sequence settings are based on DNxHR UHD.

Original file is 5.7k video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t guarantee this will work for everyone, but before you place any
insta360 clip on the timeline, place a clip with the intended resolution on
the timeline to set it to the desired format (1920x1080 for example); then
place the insta clip; then delete the first clip.

This seems to work for me.
--
Phil Lentz
phil.lentz@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried this also, not much of a difference. Simply the video from Premiere is always less good than from Studio. Studio makes really sharp, precise export while Premiere doesn't. 

However, doing some tests, it could be that it's the Insta plugin's fault. It seems that the file imported thru plugin is immidiately lower quality. 

I've done a different test: I used Insta Studio to export a video with ProRes codec. Then I imported this Prores clip into Premiere. Immidiately, even on preview, it was top quality. Export to h264 was also perfect. So it seems Premiere is doing ok but the plugin is bad. 

Now getting Insta to fix the plugin...that's another story...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines