• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Encore with CC is no longer available

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download Encore. All Tutorials say to install CS6 for that, via the "earlier Versions" Function in CC. But I can't choose CS6, as seen in the Screenshot below.

Screenshot (406).PNG

[Title edited to reflect Adobe's new policy]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

You can use Encore now only if you have an old perpetual license. It is no longer available as part of a subscription

If there are any options available to you, you can contact customer care.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, CS6 has a different serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts from people here? If i can legally get out of the subscription contract without penalty, i'm gone. Will only subscribe to Photoshop

I would at least try. The majority of the products you actually signed up for are no longer aviable and i think that´s a perfect case to get out of the subscription without penalty, or in your case change the plan to a single app plan. Contact Customer Care and describe your issue.

If that fails, make your voice heard in this forum when you have got out of the subscription. If you make enough noice they will often write off the penalty fee without problems: Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could also just cancel the credit card on file so they can't charge me any more, what do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+Stehly  schrieb

How long would you expect Adobe to make Encore available? 

They dont have to maintain it, just allow us to use the version they made. Thats bad enough but I would be fine with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the problem:

Apparently, Adobe Premiere Pro itself does not natively support HDR video output - only LDR video output. It also does not officially support Blu-ray compliant video exports above 1080p / 23.976.

And the license agreement with Dolby Laboratories wasn't renewed because Dolby itself wants an extremely high upfront cost per user, and that Dolby itself now requires astronomically expensive perpetual user licenses (at least for encoding) that the Adobe subscription model does not allow.

And now Microsoft may be stripping out natively supported audio and video codecs in the newest update of Windows 10: H.265 decoding support is now no longer native in Windows 10 version 1903, but a plug-in for that version of the OS can be purchased from the Microsoft Store for 99 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPro is now working on my 4K monitor but it sucks to think it may not be supported since i'm paying for the software. If Cyberlink PowerDirector supports output to a UHD monitor, why can't Adobe ?

So are you saying native dolby digital import in Windows 10 is going to be dropped? What about all our video files which need to be imported and have DD for audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant HDR and LDR for exports, not output. Sorry that I misled you with the wrong wording.

There is no confirmation yet about the discontinuance of native DD support in Windows 10 beginning with version 1903, but if it were to be discontinued, then Microsoft would make a DD decoding plugin available through the Microsoft Store for a nominal charge. In other words, we may be forced to cough up a little more money just to get the feature(s) that were formerly free and native.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone recommend some good authoring DVD programs?

So far I tried some of free programs like DVD Slayer or Winx DVD Author and others, but those only provide templates that look like they where made by kindergarten teacher in powerpoint. You can't make a custom menu.

Also trial versions of Corel Video Studio or Pinnacle Studio don't have options for authoring.(though they advertise that you can do it with trial - those bastards)

Nero Vision/Video trial is like DVD Slayer - full of awful templates, hard to edit and limited options.

I'm looking for a program where I can make my own custom menu.

I want to make simple, minimalistic menu where I can choose 2 options: "start" and "subtitles" (3 languages). And that's it, but with those programs that are available it's impossible.

Do you know program that will help me with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to read reviews, alternatives https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/authoring-bd-hd-dvd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe are no longer interested in supporting dvd / bluray creators because of licensing issues and can't be bothered giving us an alternative. That's fine. I do have a CS6 license and could spend time trying to find the media to reinstall but I have found a better use of my time.

Instead I

• dropped my full CC subscription (AU$76.99 / month) down to a photography (AU$14.29)
  • installed free version of Davinci Resolve
  • bought VEGAS DVD Architect ($99)

By doing this I now have the capability to create dvd's for clients and I no longer pay for the Adobe apps that I never use for less than half that I was paying.

Thank you Adobe for encouraging me to look elsewhere as I now have nearly $700 more in my bank account every year instead of it being in yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you not request media since you have a valid license? Interested in selling your license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a perpetual CS license but no longer have access to the installers, then you should be able to contact Adobe Customer Care to provide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have acess to your License, I would also be interested in buying it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will not make Encore CS6 available.  Move on to another program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know but it doesn't hurt to explore possible breach of contract

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fine with having to find another program to make DVDs, but I have projects already created in Encore with fairly complicated programming  that I will now have to find a way to build from scratch.   That's BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought PowerDirector which can make animated DVD's without all the steps in Encore. I'm buying Authoring Works to make my DVD's starting in August.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have my CS6 discs and the license will I be able to just load Premiere CS6 and Encore? I really hope so I love that app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe yes. You may need to get links from support for the updates. If you still have CS6 installed, even if via subscription, if may just work. I was prompted for a license number and did not have to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered this mess with Premiere CS6 and Encore 6 after trying to get links for a new build i7 machine based on some older 64 bit hardware I ran Premiere on before.

I would question Adobe's actions around this software which is now End of Life. Is it actually legal to prevent access to something you have paid for?

If you bought the original DVD Retail version in a Box with serial key - then OK you can install from that - BUT - I decided to ask for the download links from Adobe via Support to get very latest version.

Firstly, as a Creative Cloud Fee paying customer - I would expect those links to appear alongside the list of Software I own in My Account. Even if they carry a warning  [No Support on these versions !]

It seems 'Common Sense' is not once of the strengths of the people designing the Web support.

The policy seems to be  'let's make it as difficult as possible for our fee paying customers'.

The point is this - I finally have some download links for CS6 and Encore CS6 sent ot me - it all worked - after about 1 hour of very frustrating on-line support chat.

Before I installed them - I noticed a 'gotcha; - these links point to a 32 BIT Windows download only.

On the shiny Retail box Adobe make a big deal how CS6 is now a 64 Bit application?.

Just been on support again and told 64 bit downloads don't exist.

Also told 64 Bit updates don't exist - so if I install from the DVD no updates will be available ......so I am told.

This policy stinks.

To remove Encore as a Blu Ray authoring app was also another demonstration of stupidity.

Blu Ray discs are demanded by some people for playing finished content.

Can someone clever from Adobe Product Management team for Premiere Product line  please explain the logic/excuse for this mess ?, even if you carry a warning of No SUPPORT on CS6

....Oh by the way - on my main edit machine I use latest Premiere 13.1.4 - , however I had this stupid idea to load Encore CS6 on a 64 Bit machine we use in our study so I could work on projects there. That was a stupid idea.

Seems us fee paying customers are well and truly stuffed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>have my CS6 discs and the license will I be able to just load Premiere CS6 and Encore?

Yes, if the operating system you do not mention is compatible

CS6 and earlier programs HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED AND WILL NOT BE UPDATED for Mac El Capitan or newer operating systems

-this includes other programs that are a similar age as CS6, such as Photoshop or Premiere Elements

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-this is about CS6 (which is from 2012) but it will probably apply to other programs of that age

-Apple did not maintain backward compatibility with old programs in El Capitan or newer operating systems

--Adobe has a workaround to Apple's problem of not maintaining backward compatibility

--READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for an Adobe solution to installing old programs, including a link to installing the old Java runtime that is required

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions, substituting the name and location of your specific program for Encore

-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put the CS6 files on your computer and install it, it'll likely give you 2 or 3 options on how you'd like to activate it. Your serial key would be ideal. But if not, you might get a prompt to sign in via subscription, or it'll say something about a trial (as in trying out the software). Both the 2nd and 3rd options have worked for me. When I did the trial it asked for me to sign in, and then all was well. Well, technically it crashed a bunch at first, until I restarted my computer and the update for Encore CS6 came up in the CC desktop app. After updating it didn't crash. This happened on one of my two computers. The other never crashed and the update popped up right away in the CC desktop app. As for the library folder with all the templates, etc. I had that saved from my current PC with the working copy of Encore on it. So I copied it over to that. But my guess is you won't have any issues since you have CS6 hard discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for messing up another of my workflow options.  Another hour of my day wasted searching Adobe for nothing.  Almost every step of my workflow needs to be reconfigured because Adobe CC not longer works the same way it did before.  Gee thanks for wasting my time again and again and again and again...

I am here to find options...and I find another closed door.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really figure out why Adobe would do this.   In the Adobe "universe" there must be 10's (100's?) of thousands of long time users professional users that have Encore baked into their workflows. 

I just built another workstation, and was rudely surprised to find ENCORE missing.  Did they put out some word of this before they removed it?

We have all known for some time now that this was a "legacy" app and I, for one, accepted that there was zero support from Adobe for it.  Luckily Encore has proven a pretty mature and robust app and I've not needed any support other than having it available for download and installation.

This policy is just a slap in the face to us long-time users as the policy punishes us in particular.  A few lines of code and it can be made available again "as is".   Hey Adobe! WTF?  What's the rationale for this punitive action?  How much can it possibly cost it keep available?? 

To make things (much) worse, it was only 3 weeks ago that I finally disposed of my CS6 disks, thinking I would have no further need of 7 year old disks.

Adobe has just given me yet another reason to look for alternatives... to ALL their HUGHELY expensive software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you kept the serial number for CS6, you're fine. Contact support for the links. The nimrods removed Encore a day before i upgraded my system. Luckily I had my CS4 serial number and support sent me two direct download links.

I also downloaded Authoring Works from TMPG and haven't had a chance to install it yet. Although DVD production in Cyberlink is OK, i prefer a little more control and more than 3 buttons.

I prefer Encore though because of the import of chapters from Premiere Pro. I just wish Premiere could hardware encode video like Cyberlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines