• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intel HD Graphics 4600 Unsupported Video Driver

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just this week updated to PP 2020 14.0 and upon loading was greeted with this error message - see second photo. I followed the steps necessary to upgrad the driver, but when attempting to install the update it told me this computer does not meet the minimum standards required for this software. I've never had a problem running 2019 13.0 before the update. I'm not a computer whiz, but I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a solution. I'm on PC Envy 23... see system specs below.2020-02-28 (1).jpg2020-02-28.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

The Intel HD 4600 does not meet the minimum system requirements.  So, it's not the system driver, but the hardware.  Even though the dialog box presents a "Fix..." button, the issue is hardware.

It doesn't meet the requirements for CC2019 either, but that version didn't tell you like 2020 does.

You can continue to run Premiere Pro.  If you stick to editing the way you did in prior versions, you'll probably be fine.  You may even have to set your projects to Mercury Playback Engine Software O

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intel HD 4600 does not meet the minimum system requirements.  So, it's not the system driver, but the hardware.  Even though the dialog box presents a "Fix..." button, the issue is hardware.

It doesn't meet the requirements for CC2019 either, but that version didn't tell you like 2020 does.

You can continue to run Premiere Pro.  If you stick to editing the way you did in prior versions, you'll probably be fine.  You may even have to set your projects to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but to take advantage of anything that's GPU accelerated you will need a computer with a supported graphics card.

Premiere Pro system requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting the same message however I have a Geforce GTX 1070 graphics card as well but I still get the same message. Do i need to upgrade hardware anyways?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GTX 1070 is supported but you want to make sure that you use the latest driver. Download here directly from Nvidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok but I still get the same error message even if I have the intel card disabled, so quite confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...even if I have the intel card disabled, so quite confused.

Yes, i understand that. 

If you right click anywhere on the desktop in Windows 10 and look at Display Settings, what do you see there? You want it to be larger than 1280x800.

disp.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point your fingers at both Microsoft and the brand name of your PC or motherboard, in this case. You see, ever since the Spring 2018 Feature Update of Windows 10, Microsoft introduced the DCH driver model for GPUs. At the same time, Microsoft began to depreciate support for all legacy PCs and motherboards (specifically, those manufactured prior to Spring 2018), by automatically reverting any generic Legacy or DCH drivers back to the last compatible OEM-verified driver version on restart (reboot) with absolutely no warning or indication at all whatsoever, even if that driver version is several years obsolete.

And in your case, the OEM has not updated its own verified legacy driver for the GPU in several years. Thus, if Windows detects a non-verified driver, and there are absolutely no OEM drivers installed in your PC, then Microsoft Update will download and install the most recent OEM-verified legacy driver even if that driver version is still too old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

finally. Use Adobe Premiere 2019 for Edit Fast Export in Cpu Mode & Use Adobe Media Encoder 2021 if you have Nvidia Card for Best Export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines