• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone Vertical Videos Won't Import Correctly

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a composition that is 1080x1920 to output videos for tiktok.  When I import a bunch of videos from my iphone, both vertical and horizontal, Premiere thinks they are all 1920x1080, and will display the horizontal ones correctly, but not the vertical ones.  And I can't find a way to force it to understand they are 1080x1920 videos.  See attached image.  What am I doing incorrectly here?  After Effects has no issue with these, but I want to work in Premiere.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Solution - don't try and import vertical and horizontal videos at same time.  Import each into separate projects, and then copy into the other.

Edit: As I'm sitting here, they're all changing to the squished version in the media browser.  A-ha - it's rendering proxies and the proxy resolution is 1024x540.  That's what I'm seeing.  When I drag into the timeline and turn off the proxies, they look correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
I think this video has an answer to how import video for TikTok to Premiere Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TfO8OJjNSw&t=49s

Get the TikTok Export Setting here ➡️ https://bit.ly/33ZvTnC ***This is a tutorial on how to edit and export high quality videos for TikTok using Premiere Pro. You will learn the best TikTok Premiere Pro export settings. 📒 Show Notes and Resources 📒 Launch Adobe Media Encoder and From the Menu Go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the import isn't covered from the description, but I'll take a look.

The question is, in general, how can I import -vertical- iphone video correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solution - don't try and import vertical and horizontal videos at same time.  Import each into separate projects, and then copy into the other.

Edit: As I'm sitting here, they're all changing to the squished version in the media browser.  A-ha - it's rendering proxies and the proxy resolution is 1024x540.  That's what I'm seeing.  When I drag into the timeline and turn off the proxies, they look correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines