• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a hotkey or some way to scroll the track view without using the mouse to drag the slider?

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premier track view where you do you edits you "zoom" to a certian level, you do not look at the entire sequence at once. The "view" you see is indicated by your zoom and this is represented by the size of the scroll bar, as well as the scrol bar position. I am not talking about the play position, but that scroll bar at the every bottom of the track view that controls your postion of your current view and the scale of the view.

Are there any hotkeys for this? I find now I am using larger resolution monitoes that I often miss click when tryingto drag it. Maybe I can assign the move of the bar left and right to the mouse wheel or something?

What I would like to know if it is possible...

1. Hotkey to scroll the postion of the track view. Maybe 2 sets of hotkeys, one a smaller increment and the other a larger one. I am NOT talking about the playhead.
  2. Hotkeys to zoom in and out on the track view. Again, but aweosme if there was increments.
  3. If these exists can I assign them to the mouse wheel? Maybe mouse wheel to scroll the track view alt+mouse wheel to zoom in and out?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Like this? Using the scroll wheel? There's no keyboard hotkey for this as far as I know.

https://youtu.be/GfB83yBJE3w?t=196

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is alt-scroll to zoom in and out of the timeline. I'm not aware of any keyboard shortcuts that go to a particular zoom level though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... but what I am really interested in is a way to scroll the timeline.. as in move the visible area without zooming.. like you know how you can grab and slide around the scroll bar... is there a hotkey for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom In =
Zoom Out -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... but is there a way to scroll the timeline.. . as in move the visible area without zooming.. like you know how you can grab and slide around the scroll bar... is there a hotkey for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this? Using the scroll wheel? There's no keyboard hotkey for this as far as I know.

https://youtu.be/GfB83yBJE3w?t=196

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that a setting I need to turn on.. as this is exactly what I am looking for a way to scroll and zoom with the mouse... but it dose not do that for me. I only need the timeline selected right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac, holding CMD + Scroll works for me. If you're on PC it might be CTRL + Scroll.

You also have to have your mouse cursor over the timeline window. It doesn't have to be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reset alll my hotkeys and it is now working as you say. I am not sure what I did to disable this... thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines