• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with artifacting and red/green with my fujifilm XT3 F-Log H.265 footage

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, am having an issue with artifacting and red/green with my fujifilm XT3 F-Log H.265 footage in Premiere Pro & After Effects.

I have been editing using a combination of Premiere Pro and AE (some of the footage has been edited & altered in AE) and am in picture lock and starting my color grade. However, I'm noticing weird artifacting and red/green issues in my footage in Premiere Pro vs. the footage by itself (I have attached a screen shot).

Specifically, the shadows are turning green and the highlights red. This issue gets worse as I start to color correct/grade and bring back in the shadows/highlights to the F-Log footage.

I have tried turning off Hardware Accelerated Decoding which helps *if* I re-import the footage but does not completly fix the problem (see example #2 attached).

My system specs (I have not updated to Monterey yet):

macOS Big Sur V.11.5.2

Processor: iMac (Retina, 27-inch, 2020)

Memory: 72GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

I am still running on Premiere Pro & After Effects 2021 because of the issues with dynamic link in the update.

Any help would be appreciated! Emma

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emma, try to highlight all the original clips on the Project panel, then interpret them into the correct display of colors on the timeline, as in the screenshot

Screenshot 2021-11-14 004003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response, @Baffy19 ! That setting is greyed out for me, any ideas why that would be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, highlight your main original clips, then as in the screenshot

Screenshot 2021-11-14 013341.png

I'm using win 11. On the iMac, look on the top panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, should have been more clear -- the Color Management section is greyed out:

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 5.46.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you highlight your files in the project before interpreting the colors? take a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right-click on the file in the project window:

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 6.41.46 PM.png

(thanks for your help, btw!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, Emma.
Write to the developers in Voice User about this problem. I know that this function does not work correctly in the new version. I hope this will be fixed in the upcoming update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! I appreciate it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines