• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with higher frame rates/slow motion

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded the footage I wanted at 50fps so that I could get some smooth slow motion in a 25fps project.

My sequence in Premiere is 25fps. When I drag the 50fps footage in, it stays in real time instead of being slowed down.

For the first clip I used, I was able to get the smooth slow motion by just changing the speed to 50%, however for all the other clips in my project (that are also recorded at 50fps, I checked) this doesn't work. Premiere seems to insist on adding additional frames and I end up with the jagged fake slow motion.

I checked the properties for everything and they're all in place, I checked the "Interpret Footage" tab and tried getting Premiere to interpret the footage as both 50 and 25 fps. Nothing's working and I have no idea why.

I would just use Optical Flow to cheat it but I recorded everything at 50fps so the frames are there, I just have no idea why Premiere isn't using them...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sequence in Premiere is 25fps. When I drag the 50fps footage in, it stays in real time instead of being slowed down.

That is correct. Premiere adjusts the clip to real time.

Either interpret the footage to 25 fps or reduce speed to 50% and check Optical Flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that but why should I do an Optical Flow slow motion if the frames already exist? Is there any way that I can just tell Premiere to use those frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I'd check is the footage.  Is it 50p, or 25i being incorrectly reported as 50i.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I checked the footage, it's all 50p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

And do a double check on the sequence settings.  Set to 25 progressive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the rate stretch tool to slow down the clip into slow motion in the timeline or you can use time-remapping as shown in this tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines