• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpeg wont scale

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.  I am new to Premiere Pro and I have encountered some difficulties of which I have not been able to determine where I am going wrong.  Here is the sequence of what I have attempted:

I have created a new project and set the sequence to DSLR 1080p30.

I import an image -- a logo (jpeg) to the media area and then onto the timeline -- it comes out as 720 x 720.  I click on the timeline portion for said image, then Sequence, and set the frame to 16:9.  The logo does not change size.

I want the image to start small (0.1%) and then grow to 50% of its size.  To do this I have done the following:

I position the timeline at 0.00 s and, in the Effect Controls, I scale the image down to 0.1% .  This creates a keyframe.  I can see the image becoming smaller as I do this.  I move the timeline to 4:00 s and then move the scale slider to 50% thus creating a second keyframe; I see the logo become larger as I do this.

When I move the timeline, I can see a blue square changing size but the image on the screen remains static at its original dimension.  I have viewed many YouTube vids and they all follow the same steps but somewhere, from start to finish, I am doing something wrong or have not set Premiere Pro up correctly.

What gives?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a GPU turned on as the renderer for Premiere? That would be in File > Project Settings > General, under the Renderer section.

The GPU handles real-time scaling in Premiere. It doesn't come through super clearly in your photo, but it looks like the render line at the top of the timeline is red, which would also be an indication that you are set to Software Only as your renderer. 

Without an active GPU as the renderer you would have to actually render the sequence to see the results of the animation that you've done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

All of my Adobe products have access to the GPU (as seen in NVIDIA GEFORCE Experience) except Prem Pro.  If I go to File>Proj Settings>General, I cannot access the GPU.   If I disable the built in graphics card I can then access the CUDA.  However, in doing so, the display outside of Prem Pro goes sooooo tiny I can barely read anything.  Do you disable the integrated GPU before using Prem Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try looking in the Nvidia Control Panel, also I would look at the video in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware-discussions/premiere-pro-using-integrated-and-not-dedi...

Do you know what GPU driver you are running? Updating might also be something you need to do. Studio Drivers are what you should use for creative applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try clearing the media cache from Preferences / Media Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a follow-up, I believe this issue lies within P Pro 2023.  Everything works fine under P Pro's latest 2022 version.  All other Adobe 2023 products that I'm using recognize the GPU and in using all the latest drivers for both Intel and Nvidia 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines