• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframes for Scale not working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a slow zoom in for a pic.  I add the pic to the timeline, then select the effects control.  Then I press the button next to scale to toggle animation at the beginning of my clip, then I go all the way to the end of my clip and select a keyframe and change the scale size up or down.  When I play the clip back the scale is moving, but the clip just stays the same, never zooms in or out.  What am I doing wrong? Is it something to do with the size of pics I am using, JPG maybe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

I seemed to have to use scale and position, even if I just move the position slightly it seems to fix the issue and the clip scales correctly now. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

I've solved for not working scale keyframes. I'm on Premiere Pro 2020

1. Go to File>Projects Settings>General

2. Click on "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleation" from Video Rendering and Playback menu

3. And you can see a preview rendering red bar changed to yellow in your timeline.

4. Done.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

FIXED! I just turned my computer control over to an Adobe tech, who "fixed" what I've been pulling my hair out over for a week. Okay, it seems if you are using a PSD file, it does something hinky. While in the source window, go to "sequence" in the drop-down menu, select "render in to out". Yep. That was it. Much hair loss later, I'm back in business. I hope this replicates your problem and resolves your issue, Tamara. Good luck!

Annette.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Thank you!

NESTING THE CLIP WORKED

For some reason I have used this on the clip right before, and it works fine, but the clip right after will not work even with position. After nesting I was able to move the scale and use it to zoom as I expected. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere is acting weird Trash Preferences.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

If that does not work:

Post screenshot of effect control and timeline full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some screenshots, I hope this is what you need? thanksscreenshot1.pngscreenshot2.pngscreenshot3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE:  I cleared out the Properties/Cache and that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having trouble, TamaraR? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to have to use scale and position, even if I just move the position slightly it seems to fix the issue and the clip scales correctly now. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just drag the scale, even without setting keyframes, do you see the picture scaling?

Have you tried to render? you might be having a crazy lag.

try this: right click on the pic in the timeline --> scale to frame size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did render and i think it was because of that, thanks for the tip. If it doesnt work even after rendering i thing just replace the clip, i did this earlier once and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea it worked, just adjust a lil bit of the position and the scaling will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...

This thing about changing the position is really a fact.

I'm having the exact same issue Tamarar357 says.

And I've changeg the position slightly and the animation to the scale is working now.

But I think this is just a workaround and wouldn't be necessairy, if the software was working correctly.

I don't know why it is behaving like this, but... I hope you guys from Adobe fix it as soon as possible.

PS: This thing started happening to me from nothing. I was just working in animating some images for my video, as always, and then this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed that this was posted on the 31st, which is interesting since my entire Computer Applications class is having the same issue as we are all working on a slideshow project that requires us to use the keyframe scaling effect. As of now the postion change is not working and nobody has been able to succesfully work around the issue. Our advisor would greatly appreciate any updates on the issue so I will be checking back in on Monday to see if it has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say that in my class, nudging position did make scale keyframing work.  Without a position change the scaling just didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same keyframe scaling problem happened to me right after I updated to Premiere Pro 2020. I tried going back to the 2019 version, and it seemed to have affected that as well. The slight change to keyframing position along with scale seems to get it to work. But if the program is working correctly, the scale should work independently from the position. For now, it's the work around until the bug gets fixed (annoying). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found an easy enough workaround. Nesting the clip did the trick for me.

I have 2 clips and I'm zooming on both. No problems at all on the first one, but for some reason the second one won't zoom with keyframes. The image zooms when I move the scale slider, but doesn't move on playback. I've tried the default motion effect and even added a transform effect. no luck. The position trick didn't work for me either, but as soon as I nested the clip it works just as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue one year later with updated software! This worked though, so thank you 😄

The positioning didn't have any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Moving the position wouldn't do anything for me, but once I nested the clip it just magically started working. Weird how they haven't fixed it yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

NESTING THE CLIP WORKED

For some reason I have used this on the clip right before, and it works fine, but the clip right after will not work even with position. After nesting I was able to move the scale and use it to zoom as I expected. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! I know- it's such a strange thing, but as long as there is a simple solution;)

Therese Mørken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! Thank you!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multimedia ... and everyone else having this issue ... please!

Pop over to the UserVoice system and file this or upvote another post if there's one already. The engineers do look at every one of those that come in ... and the more data they are given, the better they can determine the nature of the problem.

I'm not having any issues with keyframes, which I use heavily. Nor are the people I know. So ... what's the dataset for who is getting hit with this? That's needed data to solve it.

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this bug too, thank you so much Tamara357 for posting this workaround. You saved my weekend.

So if i understand this correctly, not everyone is having this issue? weird.

Wow the original post was from way back in 2018, I dont think we will get a fix anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been happening to me for at least 2 years. 

It's like it'll work for 3 mins and then it :bug:'s out. 

I'm working on a project as we speak that requires a great deal of key framing, positioning,  scaling and the like but these functions won't work longer than a couple mins a piece.

I've tried the recommendations above and they seem to only relieve the stress temporarily.

When can we expect an absolute fix to this wretched problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem with animating scale with key frame. Using the 2020 version.  The value of the scale changes as the play head advances but the picture does not change size. Tried both increasing and decreasing scale, ie several combinations of increasing from 10% to 150% and decreasing from 150% to 10%.   Turned on and off the Scale to Frame by right clicking on the image and also turning on and off scale to frame in the preferences before bringing the image into media. Tried with several different iamges with higher pixel counts, as hinted in one of the  tutorials and  it did not make a difference.  Tried animating position both simultaneously and before animating scale and still did not work. Very Frustrating. Had the same problem with .jpg and gif. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jax, of course we have no idea what version you are using since you didn't say.

I just dropped a jpg into a newish 2020 project, and a converted from 2019 project and set a beginning and end keyframe and adjusted only scale, and it works as expected, even though I have almost no pictures that the zoom in point is exactly at the center of the picture where scaling in requires no positioning.

I do have 'Set to Frame Size' as the default media option, I don't know if that changes anything as far as this issue you are having is concerned.

image.png

PP 2020, win 1903

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyerPJ,
I also have no pictures that I want to scale up (zoom in) from exactly the Center Point. Though, I do see alot of people doing that. 

That said, I can zoom into any most any object in an image or video without keyframing or adjusting Position.

How? 

Adjust the Anchor Point prior to adding Scale keyframes. 

Just use the Anchor Point as a target.
Drag it right between the eyes with the Selection tool. 

One of my favorite tips. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines