Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri grey after each Version Update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have had this issue for a very long time.

Usually I used lumetri directly on each Videoclip in the timeline. And after upgrading Premiere to a new Version, the Videofile looks like there is a 20% grey layer on it. I can replace the lumetri and set the same parameters, and it will look like before the upgrade.

I have done so for the past 3 years. The more recent projects, I have used a adjustment layer hoping the issue will not occur again. But it didn't work.

Now, it is quite the hassle to replace all my lumetri in each clip. Is this a known issue, is there a faster fix for it?

Thank you for your help.

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before Update:

Sequenz 01.00_00_19_15.Standbild002.png

After Update:

Sequenz 01.00_00_19_39.Standbild003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any custom LUTs?  Where do you store them on disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the one that came with Premiere:

The one I usually use (and used for the screenshots above) is this one:

Lumetri Presets - Speedlooks - Cameras - 5D - SL Blue Steel

I also tweak the parameters a bit of that Lumetrie-Color to my liking (mostly only simple correction)

Premiere, and therefor the data, is installed on a M.2 SSD on C:/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same "SL Blue Steel" SpeedLooks preset on a 2018 project and then opened it in 2019 - looks identical to me.  Have you ever installed custom LUTs into the application package/program files?  That would definitely cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of month ago I did a clean Win install and also a new CC install. What I use is the NewBlue Total FX 5, Neat Video, and another 3rd party transition pack.

But not specifically a custom LUT.

I just deleted all files in the media core, and opened a different project. But the same issue remained.

What else could I try to find the problem?

EDIT:

I just deleted my whole cache folder and also the render preview in my project folder. But it made no difference, still the same issue.

When I copy the LUT from the clip and paste it on another clip, its also grey. So the issue must be in the speed look for me. The only way to "fix" it is to replace the LUT with the same and set the parameters the same again.

So far this problem only occured when Upgrading Premiere to a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue, and there seems to be no solution in sight. It's just time lost.

I tried speaking directly to Adobe customer support via Chat and a Phone Call, but all I got was broken English and no help whatsoever. They barely have a grasp of the software themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through the thread ... and I have some decent experience of Lumetri ... and before helping you I'd still need a bit of information.

Are you referring only to on projects you've migrated forward from an older version to a newer one? If you create a new project, do you have the problem? And again, which specific LUTs/Looks are you using, or is this a problem with Lumetri in general?

And be specific on build numbers please ... as in 13.0.3 just released, or 11.1.2, from the 'Help/About' menus.

Sympathies on the 'help' folks. Product Support Manager (for the digital video apps) Kevin Monahan always recommends as soon as you get someone 'live' via chat or phone, ask for the Video queue. That gets you away from generalists just using a cheat sheet.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've had a little bit of success fixing the issue, but it's not really a fix as much as a relatively quick workaround that doesn't universally work.

Using Premiere Pro CC 2018 (I'm sorry, I don't recall the exact release number) I applied a 'SpeedLook' to some of the footage. 'SpeedLooks' are in the 'Lumetri Presets' list, and I went for a camera specific one called 'Clean Punch', in my case for the Canon 5D. It achieved the look I wanted, I rendered out the project, client is happy, hooray for everyone.

Several months later, one of the people in the footage no longer works at the company, so it's time to update the edit and remove a few shots. I opened this project today in Premiere Pro CC 2019 (13.0.2) and the footage looks very de-saturated and dark. Not the right look at all. I cross reference it with my exported MP4 that was sent to the client earlier and it doesn't look the same at all. The same thing that happened to the original poster on this thread.

After doing some more research, I think I may have found the issue, but I'm not sure. It seems that 'SpeedLooks' actually might apply 2 LUTs to the footage, which is why when you apply it to a clip and you look at the Lumetri settings, it says [custom] next to Input LUT. In this new version of Premiere, it's only applying the 1 LUT, which in my case is the Canon 5D - SL LUT. In order for me to achieve exactly the same look as before, I had to add another Lumetri effect, and use the 'Clean Punch HDR - SL' LUT that I found in the Adobe 'Legacy' LUT folder. That managed to do the trick - about 80% of the time. I have a few clips from a different camera on the timeline, and for some reason those aren't playing nice, even though I applied a 5D SpeedLook to everything back in 2018 and it worked fine.

So what have we learned? DON'T use 'SpeedLooks'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They do make some changes version to version, and yea, especially in some of the "Look" things. The ones in Legacy are to be avoided at all costs, as they found some issues on some systems with them and therefore relegated them to 'Legacy' status. And those do not 'update' well.

Plus, they made a few changes in Lumetri tools & controls in 2018. So inevitably some things brought forward ain't exactly what they wuz ... which is a pain. But ... I do like the new way things work ... so ... what the hay.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines