• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri Scopes not working in Premiere 2020

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to use my lumetri scope in Premiere 2020 and they just don't appear.  I've reset my workspace and it doesn't show. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Hi, I recently had the same issue and called Adobe. They had me install Premiere 2019, and it now works. 

It sounds like the 2020 version changed system requirement, and my 2012 MacMini no longer meets the minimum requirements. But, as mentioned, having both versions installed now allows me to go back to the 2019v to use the scopes. 

hope that helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked in the Window list of panels?

Window/Lumetri Scopes ...

Lumetri Scopes Menu Item.PNG

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently had the same issue and called Adobe. They had me install Premiere 2019, and it now works. 

It sounds like the 2020 version changed system requirement, and my 2012 MacMini no longer meets the minimum requirements. But, as mentioned, having both versions installed now allows me to go back to the 2019v to use the scopes. 

hope that helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately, about every five years you should definitely look into replacing your computer. I think in 8 year old lower end Mac is out of specification for the current application and OS combination you are running.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great answer Kevin. Why you don't resolve the problem like a good technician? Maybe and just maybe Jonathan doesn't have the money to replace his computer every 5 years..., think about that. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and can you imagine the kvetching (just monitor the boards) when people spend a lot of money updating their computers only to find that Premiere doesn't take advantage of their new hardware?  It's difficult enough for Adobe to try and test all the possible variables in the hardware out there that does meet the current minimum spec requirements.  This has been the way things have worked since Non-Linear Editing began.   Minimum hardware specs have always been a moving target.   At least Jonathan has the option of running Premiere 2019 and having the scopes available.    I run Premiere on a variety of systems and am perfectly happy running 2019 on my 2012 macbookpro if I need the scopes within Premiere or running 2020 if I don't need the scopes.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can't be true Jonathan. I'm sorry to tell you.

I have a Macbook Air 2021, M1 processor, 8 core CPU and 8 core GPU.

This system is very up-to-date.
It all worked out fine with both Premiere Beta and the normal install (rosetta) on this fast machine, until recent updates of Premiere. No the scopes don't show up anymore, from one day to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry: Kevin instead of Jonathan of course 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! i have the same issue with premiere 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Does your computer meet hardware requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.   but as jonathand42542032  said, your system probably doesn't meet the requirements for premiere 2020.   There have been other posts here reporting this and I've had this experience on my older macs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot get my lumetri scopes to show themselves. I went the Window tab route to make sure I had it checked and I do. I tried other means however I am at a loss. 

I have a iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017),  3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, using Big Sur version 11.1 and Premiere Pro version 14.7.0 (Build 23).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked your graphics card against Premiere minimum specs

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue since upgrading, but I just called up Adobe and they told me they've discontinued all versions before 2020. They suggested I try the forums - does anyone have a download link to the 2019 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEVER delete the old version when you do an update for exactly this reason.  Do some googling to find links for earlier versions of Premiere.    That said, you might try using davinci resolve for your color correction.  Although I much prefer Premiere for most everything else, Resolve has a great interface for color correction.   Can be a little tricky getting your sequence over to resolve from premiere.  Post back if you need some help and I can tell you a couple of ways I've done it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines