• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Os Sierra & Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone aware of any issues with Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 and Mac Os Sierra?

2015 MacBook Pro 15"

2,5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016
  • OS X 10.12 "Sierra" is now listed as supported in Premiere Pro system requirements.
  • As usual, back up all major files before updating an OS.
  • We recommend that you avoid updating any OS unless you are between major projects.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after literally trying 10 times and threatening to pull my subscription if they couldn't help, they connected me with a 4th tech support person who could help me with a temporary work-around.

it turns out you can get your renders going if you turn off the open CL and CUDA in the rendering.... hope that helps anyone who's been screwed by this nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry for all the trouble. Thanks for the info and feedback. Glad you're back up and running again in Software Only mode. I just returned from sabbatical, so I am still getting updated on all the latest issues. Sorry that you're hitting problems with the latest version of OS X.

I'm not sure if it's what you tried, but lately, I've been having success by backing up all material, wiping my drive completely, and installing new versions of OS X from the ground up. Maybe others having trouble can try that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A clean install is almost always worth a try.

It doesn't have to be over your current boot drive.  You can install OS X and Creative Cloud on an external drive and test it before committing to overwriting your current boot drive.  External Thunderbolt SSDs are ideal for this, but a USB3 thumb drive will also work.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you're trying to help Kevin, but tech support has said there are issues with Sierra - and disabling any hardware acceleration helps a little.  Spending a day wiping the machine is a pretty extreme step to be suggesting when there are known issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue when switching to 10.11 Adobe does not care for the customer to have issues like this answered in an orderly fashion. It's been to the point where I am calling back and wiping the drive clean. I have been editing since Premiere Pro 1.5 and have never had to call for issues until December 2015. I haven't updated to Sierra because I already know there are going to be issues with it. With their current update I was on the phone with support for 4 hours because my company was not able to edit clients videos for 3 days and they refused to refund, help find a work solution or care that they are wasting time going through 4 superior tech advisors to which I heard them in the line because they forgot to mute the line saying they have no idea what to do. So I made my own work around which is very frustrating and they decided to say that they were "happy to help me by fixing my issue" which they didn't. This is beyond carelessness from  company as big as adobe. Not realizing that they are stealing money from customers that can't use their products that they are paying for. We are currently switching to avid and avid has already said that they've seen a spike in switches with adobe customers complaining about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were up on stage at the Apple Keynote today... Oh, the irony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are still experiencing issues, please try updating Premiere Pro to the current version.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelvin

is it possible to downgrade from Premier Pro 2017 back to CC 2015..... I

noticed my 2017 trial is about to expire and am kinda broke to buy it at

this time

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 1:08 AM, Kevin-Monahan <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m at  a point now to quit Premiere.

At least with Mac Pro (late 2013), Mac Pro (2010) and Macbook Pro (2012)  it is not possible to work with this software under normal circumstances. Did so many tests, so many new installs, so many upgrades.

It´s enough now.

Bye, bye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no valid excuse for failing to implement and manage proper version of all Adobe software.  Calling any software a "release" and then stating that "it is not recommended that it be installed on the latest Mac OS" is just mismanagement.  Someone at Adobe should have kept the software in beta state until it was reliably running on the latest OS from Apple.  Proper version management precludes any other alternative.

By failing to professionally manage versions, Adobe had put the many thousands of its loyal users at serious risk because they have misrepresented their products and consumed much time, trouble & reputation among those loyal customers.  All other professional software makers will clearly state all of the current issues and keep their software in alpha and beta stages until all of the remaining issues are reasonable.

An Adobe representative posted this in an earlier reply:  "Unfortunately, the onus is on us as video editors because the craft is very hardware intensive, which makes our applications highly susceptible to OS and GPU driver issues"

Unbelievable!  What that statement is really saying is not that this software is hard on computers but rather, that this software is hard for them to write and manage.  Software can be managed regardless of how "hardware intensive" it is.  You shouldn't excuse a complete and obvious failure to catch enormously problematic bugs in your software development process.  Nor should you attempt to transfer responsibility for that disaster to the end user, blaming them for somehow picking a career that actually uses computer resources. Yes, your software would be perfect if we were all golfers.

You should revert the 2017 version to beta, or possibly alpha status and immediately release a statement and provide a public bug management forum so your customers all know exactly what the status is and what progress is being made. Shortsightedly faking a release to generate sales only generates irate users and reduces the long term ROI of your products.

If your users are getting fired because they don't make their deadlines while struggling with software that wasn't ready for prime time, then you sell fewer copies, don't you?

If you can't do these things for ethical reasons, one would think you might do them for economic ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pat_McCormick,

There is no valid excuse for failing to implement and manage proper version of all Adobe software. Calling any software a "release" and then stating that "it is not recommended that it be installed on the latest Mac OS" is just mismanagement.

That statement can be directed my way, as I made it. Keep in mind that the timing of my post was 1 day after OS X Sierra was released. Our system requirements had not yet been updated at that point. They were updated soon thereafter. Sorry for any confusion.

If you are experiencing any issues with the latest version of Premiere Pro and OS X Sierra, please let us know.

An Adobe representative posted this in an earlier reply: "Unfortunately, the onus is on us as video editors because the craft is very hardware intensive, which makes our applications highly susceptible to OS and GPU driver issues"

Unbelievable! What that statement is really saying is not that this software is hard on computers but rather, that this software is hard for them to write and manage.

I believe you probably didn't read that section in a previous post where I clarified that I was stating my opinion (about updating software and/or OS mid-project) as a former video instructor and pro editor and not necessarily as an "official Adobe" statement. I apologize for the confusion.

• You should revert the 2017 version to beta...
  • immediately release a statement...
  • provide a public bug management forum...
  • Shortsightedly faking a release...
  • If your users are getting fired...
  • If you can't do these things for ethical reasons...

This is a troubleshooting forum, and we're in support. If you would like to make complaints about the quality of the software, or anything related to the testing and release of the software, that's best done by filing a bug report​ directed at the product team.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...if you would like to make complaints about..."

What arrogance. What makes you think anyone would actually like to make a complaint.  Oh, and thanks for educating me on your policy of scolding a consumer you've ripped off about not posting their requests through the proper channels within Adobe.  You work under the same roof, don't you?  You get a paycheck from them, which I help fund, don't you?

And yes, here I am, nearly 3 months from trying to figure out how to fix the same problems and guess what.  Your software is still just as bad and nothing has been fixed.  Maybe you should go back and edit all those posts about how Apple releases new versions within days of your releases.  Your stuff is still broken through months of all different releases.

At least have enough respect for your customers to quit or get good at writing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat I think you might have mis interpreted Kevin's comments or got something mixed up here. I think Adobe is doing a bad job at updating and maintaining Premiere categorically, but i see no issue with Kevins comments. He has been pretty reasonable and transparent. It's not "his stuff" that's broken, he's in outreach and support I believe. He doesn't control Adobe's release schedule nor it's communication policy re: OS update schedule. You're shooting the messenger. "At least have enough respect for your customers to quit or get good at writing software." this should be directed at the actual people who code the software, but probably worded more constructively imo ; ). Please do us all a favour and actually submit feedback to the devs like Kevin suggested so we can start seeing some progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are exactly correct, Pat, in describing our protocol and my position. Thanks for making these clarifications.

Regards and Happy Martin Luther King Day.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmm-kay, so now we've made sure everything is again great in Kevin-Monahan's universe.  I wonder how much longer the rest of the paying customers should just sit on their thumbs and wait for Adobe to meet any of the claims they have made about their software.

After Effect no longer is able to send anything to Adobe Media Encoder. I just get a long period of "Connecting to live link server" (!?) and then it just says "failed to connect"

Been that way since I tried testing a copy of AE 2017 & then removed.  Even the uninstaller is broken.

But I'm sure glad that you're doing OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the continuous crashing of Premier Pro under the Sierra OS has been fixed in the latest Sierra update. Hope I haven't spoken too soon but no crashes since the update. Fingers crossed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's the current status of Premiere on Sierra?

Is it 'safe' to upgrade to Sierra? (I'm on 10.11.5)

Are people still having issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines