• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing subtitles in Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!. Today I have tested the new version and one of the features that I wanted is the ability to create and manage subtitles (open caption). While the new creation and edit subtitles tool is amazing, there is some things to re-think, like the option to NOT to add that black (or colored) background, and add some text effects like shadow or border, to make readable. But that ugly block background surrounding the text...is a FAIL for me.

At least I can export to SRT, so I can use it in my workflows.

Another thing that it´s really annoying...I import a SRT file, and it loads like a clip at 720x480 resolution. Maybe Premiere want to ask the resolution that I want when import it (or later). Because is TEXT, you can render it to the resolution you want.

But the problem is when you can edit some text...It appears to do nothing. I edit the first subtitle and the original text is there. Also. I cannot edit anything. Premiere simply treat the subtitle like a video clip. I cannot use it 😞

I hope that next updates will fix this...thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

You can disable background color.

Select color and set it to 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can already do this (for many years..)

don't copy and paste (as indeed, all titles will change if you change one) but drag a title holding ALT. this creates a new 'independent' copy.

david

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha - most excellent - thanks for helping an ignorant premiere boy out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, exporting SRT sidecar captions from within Premiere, they come out of sync, appearing dealayed compared to the video although in Premiere they are spot on.

Any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

still no way to change font, size etc for all subtitles at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's useless isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case people still need a workaround for the 720x480 mismatch issue...

Use Scale to Frame Size (not Set to Frame Size) and the text should retain resolution when scaled. And if you need to reposition, use the Effect Controls, not the Captions positioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines