• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual photo slideshow

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Premiere Pro be used to create a photo slideshow that I can burn to a DVD to play on a DVD player connected to a TV where you press the remote control [Next] button to manually advance the photos one at a time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

No, it can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a set of DVD menu pages where I can place one photo on each menu page and click the [Next] button to advance to the next menu page which would accomplish the manually advance slideshow that I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blu-ray's (no one uses DVDs any more) can have slideshows like you desire.  But you need Blu-ray authoring software to do that.  Adobe doesn't make authoring software any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. Many people still use DVD's. Blu-ray discs are more expensive and most of the time you can't tell the difference in quality and the content of the discs are the same except they charge more for the Blu-ray version.

In any case, I have a need to make a manual photo slideshow for a DVD player. I know it can be done because I have a number of official movie DVD's that include such a slideshow of stills from the movie.

Is my idea of using the menus possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bkoopers  wrote

Is my idea of using the menus possible?

No, you would still have to author the menus using a DVD authoring program. And if it was long enough, you'd run into the limit for the size of the disk that can be used for menus.

As Jim says, PR alone won't do this. Encore, Adobe's DVD authoring program is End of Life and no longer included in a subscription. If you bought it in the past (a product that included PR CS6 for example, which included EN CS6) you can still use it. It is no longer for sale.

Encore's method for doing slideshows is described on page 122 here:

https://help.adobe.com/archive/en/encore/cs6/encore_reference.pdf

If you don't have a purchased copy of Encore, you need another authoring program. I assume others may have a slideshow function, but I do not know.

FYI, DVD (NTSC) is 720x480 and applies to slideshows. Blu-ray will look much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "the limit for the size of the disk that can be used for menus"? How many menu pages are allowed? I would have thought that would be a limitation of the software not a limitation of the disc. In my case, I need to display 50 photos in the slideshow.

How are the manual slideshows created on the official movie DVD's? What software do they use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DVD specs limits menu space to one GB. It is not a limit of the disk nor the software: the specifications ensure that the hardware (DVD player) works with the structure of the files/information the authoring program puts on the disk.

Commercial DVDs also use an authoring software. Scenarist has been the top end. Expensive.

Scenarist SD - SCENARIST®

Another program, DVD only:

https://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html

Many features; oddly don't mention slideshow on the main info page.

A discussion of TMPGEnc Authoring Works.

Alternative to Encore CS6

Or search "Alternative" in the Encore forum:

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=alternative&place=%2Fplaces%2F1383746&depth=ALL&after=year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines