Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marker is not accurate on the timeline.

Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an issue that the marker is not accurate in Adobe PR, I have been working around the issue for quite some time now, but it's getting annoying and I can't handle it anymore, and I didn't find solution on the Internet, so I was hoping to get the proper help here, thanks. 

lolo.JPG

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried resetting Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where I can find that please, looked and didn't find it anywhere like I didn't find a default button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did that, by holding the Alt key while lunching the program, and nothing has changed on that matter, things are still the same. 

*note: I'm using windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SeoJr,
It looks like you are zoomed in very far in the Timeline and you are seeing the "tail" of the Playhead + a GPU anomaly (it appears) in the form of a black line. Zoom out of the Timeline a little and all should return to normal. Restart Premiere Pro, if need be.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did so, but when I zoom in back, it get back to the same inaccuracy, I have to be zoomed out, and my sight isn't the best, so I have to zoom in to see, because of my eyes.

is there's any other way to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is inaccurate? Marking an Out on a clip using the Playhead as a guide? For that, you must move left one frame before the Mark Out. If that is not what you mean, please be a little more descriptive.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, it's clear that English is not my native or first language, anyhow. 

When I zoom out, the tail play head is accurate on the frame or the correct spot. 

but when I zoom in again, it's not accurate, and I thought you said: (zoom out and then restart and the issue should be solved.)

I did that, but only when I zoom out, the play head is accurate, is there's anything else I need to do?

I did remove the application and then reinstall, and the issue is still the same.

I have attached two pictures when I did zoom out, the play head tail is on the spot as you will see.

and the other picture when I zoom in and has a blue arrow to show how it's not correct.

correct.JPG

Picture 2

not accurate.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where does the marker end up on the clip when adding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not in the correct place, it will end up being in the where I added the blue arrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the correct place.

The playhead is in the correct place the blue line is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what you see is not the marker my friend, that's the play tail head, the play tail head instead of being on the blue line, it's off by 3 to 4 frames. 

and I added the arrow to showcase that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about those black lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The head in not exactly on the line or the line is not exactly under the head.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't have anything to do with Markers, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is I don't know what it's called, so I found that marker is the most accurate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, markers used to go where the playhead is and now they go one frame to the right where that little new tail is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your timeline sequence has to be in 25fps since the marker marks at 25fps. This should solve it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click on 's' button from your keyboard 😄

*It's that rotated magnet icon which causes the issue lol*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click on 's' button from your keyboard 

ArafatArno_0-1656264391367.png

*It's that rotated magnet icon which causes the issue lol*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide detailed specs of your system, including your storage configuration as well as your OS and version of Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines