• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marker Panel not showing markers on source monitor timeline - possible bug?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setup: Main timeline open in one timeline tab. Source timeline open in source monitor and another timeline tab in source monitor mode.

Problem: The marker panel only shows timeline markers from the source timeline if program focus is on the Source Monitor tab . The marker panel does not show the markers when program focus is on the source timeline tab which is in source monitor mode.

Markers display fine on all timeline tabs and source monitor. Markers also display in marker tab when program focus is on the source monitor tab.

Documentation: Screenshot below

Troubleshooting steps taken: Opened source timenline in regular timeline tab/mode and markers show up in marker panel as expected.

System info:

Premiere Version: 22.2.0 (Build 128)

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, malten,

Thanks for writing in. I hope you are well. I think I understand your issue. I tried to reproduce your error as follows:

• I created markers in a sequence. The markers in the Markers panel appeared as I made them.
  • The same goes with a second sequence loaded into the Source Monitor. Markers in the panel appear as expected.
  • When I click on the Source Monitor, the markers for the Source Monitor appear in the Markers panel.
  • When I click on the Timeline represented in the Source Monitor, markers appear in the Markers panel.
  • When I click on the main timeline, the markers for the Program Monitor appear in the Markers panel.

You say that in your case, when you click on the Timeline represented in the Source Monitor, the Markers do not appear in the Markers panel. Is that correct? If so, I'm sorry that I cannot reproduce that issue.

You may be doing something that I am not in setting this up. I typically do not edit in this fashion, but some people edit sequences from the Source Monitor, as a rule, so your issue is concerning. Can you try this issue in a brand new project as a test? I would try next to see if this is an application bug or a project-specific one.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kevin,

sorry for getting back to you so late, the email notification ended up in my spam folder. Thanks for taking the time to address this.

To answer your question: I think you understood my problem correctly and took the right steps, however just to clarify: I drag the second/source sequence into the source monitor and then, via the little wrench icon, select Open Sequence in Timeline, so that it opens in a timeline with the (Source Monitor) indication behind the sequence name in the timeline panel. When I do this, and have that timeline in focus, either no markers or the markers of the other open timeline, which is not in source monitor mode, show up in the marker panel. I can't quite decipher which happens when.

I can recreate the issue in a brand new project on the 2022 and 2021 versions.

Also, because I forgot to mention it in my original post: : I do have some third party plugins installed on the 2022 install (Excalibur, PostNotes, Find n Replace Toolbox), however I have no plugins on the 2021 install, so I don't think this is the issue.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Malte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

thanks fro your reply. I hope this post does not show up twice, as somehow I wrote it a few hours ago but it doesn't seem to have submitted it.

Sorry also for getting abck to you so late, the email notification ended up in my Spam folder somehow.

To answer your, I think you are understanding my issue correctly and have taken the right steps to reproduce it. Just for clarification though: I am dragging the second sequence to the source monitor and then use the little wrench icon to select "Open Sequence in Timeline". When I have that timeline in focus then, which is showing the "(Source Monitor)" indicator after the sequence name in the timeline tab, either no markers show up OR the markers from the main timeline that is open normally in the timeline.I can reproduce the issue in the current 2022 build and the last 2021 build of Premiere.

As an additional info, because I forgot to mention it in my original post: I have some third party plugins installed on the 2022 build (Excalibur, PostNotes, Renamer, BRaw Studio). However, on the 2021 build there are no plugins.

Thanks again for your time.

Best,

Malte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malte,

Sorry about that. I apologize. Your bug sounds similar to the following case: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38878768-insert-overwrite-s... Can you confirm?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

sadly I cannot open the page you linked - maybe because I'm just reading this now. Has this other issue been resolved? 

At any rate, the problematic behavior persists even after the latest update (22.3.1 Build 2).

Best,

Malte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that worked fine. 

I see how the two might be related, however I don't quite see the issue described over there. When I insert/overwrite from a sequence with markers in it, the markers appear as clip markers, so long as I insert as nested sequence and not as clips. This is the behavior I would expect. 

Again, my own issue is solely related to the displaying of markers in the markers panel, where, when I have a timeline opened in source mode (and its panel is in focus), the markers panel displays the markers of the target timeline, instead of the selected source timeline. The marker behavior when inserting/overwriting is fine to me as is. 

Best,

Malte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines