Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media browser not showing files in Documents on C drive

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Pro CC updated 9/8/18 and now when I use Media Browser, I open

C/Users/(myname)/Documents and I get a blank screen. There are all kinds of folders and files in there but nothing is showing up!

Under the funnel I have checked "all files" and the little eye icon has checked "file directory" and I don't have any other options available. I have cleared my media cache and restarted my computer but nothing works.

I'm running Windows 10 and everything worked fine until PP updated.

Am I the only one with this problem? I can't find it under any discussions even on Google search.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

A reply to my own post, in case anyone else comes upon the same issue sometime: I discovered that because I have OneDrive linked to my computer, my Documents folder isn't actually on the C drive; it is located in C:\Users\(myname)\OneDrive. So Premiere Pro couldn't open files from C:\Users\(myname)\Documents.

I can view and open the files from the OneDrive location. (This being a new computer, I have not run across this before now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nbamom,

Sorry for the trouble. It seems like a permissions issue. Are you logged in as an Administrator in the OS?

Try running the app as an Admin: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that, although I wouldn't think that is the problem since i can view the files in every other location except Documents. I am the only user, therefore Administrator on this computer.

UPDATE: Tried that and still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reply to my own post, in case anyone else comes upon the same issue sometime: I discovered that because I have OneDrive linked to my computer, my Documents folder isn't actually on the C drive; it is located in C:\Users\(myname)\OneDrive. So Premiere Pro couldn't open files from C:\Users\(myname)\Documents.

I can view and open the files from the OneDrive location. (This being a new computer, I have not run across this before now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! This solved my mystery! I was totally stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for posting your solution...

always dangerous to work directly with files stored on the cloud...  Dropbox and google drive both have workflows that all you to have locally stored folders that are automatically mirrored on the cloud...  otherwise, probably a mistake...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines