• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder causes Essential Graphics asset error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom .mogrt file in AE, and it loads fine in Premiere. However, it seems to 'lose' the background graphic asset that's built into the .mogrt file. It works sometimes, but then suddenly 'forgets' and instead of the embedded graphic (a .mov file), I get a static color bar slate, that persists through rendering.

I suspected it was a problem related to Media Encoder, as when I rendered straight from Premiere (i.e. command M, then Export) it worked fine. Only when I went to the Media Encoder queue did the errors start.

This is most frustrating, as I prefer to use the render queue to allow me to keep working in Premiere, rather than have to suspend editing just to wait for rendering to finish.

Hey Adobe! There's something in Media Encoder that 'breaks' Essential Graphics asset links. Please fix it!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

How about working the settings in your computer?

In ME's Preferences, is "import sequences natively" checked? If so, uncheck it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Hi Clément, Neil and everyone else

A quick update:

I've started to use the ExpressionUniversalizer for my .mogrts. It work's like a charm so far. Though it is an extra step, it certainly pays off. Everyone can use my .mogrts without a hitch. I even switched After Effects back to English.

It would be interesting to find out, if Adobe changed something about the way Premiere/After Effects talks to Media Encoder. Something might have changed while I was figuring out my workflow/workaround.

Liebi Grüe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about working the settings in your computer?

In ME's Preferences, is "import sequences natively" checked? If so, uncheck it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil. That seems to have done the trick. No issues at all today, and I finished up the project I had to get done. Thanks for taking the time to offer your help.

Cheers,

- Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just love to help people get working again. So many have helped me here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and your soution solved it for me as well. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone I have also the same issue but I can't uncheck this preference "import sequences natively" why ?

Can you please help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't find it ... or it won't 'deselect'?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't deselect, Do I have to download AE to use Dynamic link of premiere pro with Media Encoder ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't deselect this option in the MediaEncoder preferences?

Me Import Sequences Natively.PNG

I've never heard anyone with that problem ...

MediaEncoder is the 'full' rendering/encoding engine for Premiere, it's not any "link" type situation like between Premiere and AfterEffects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6a478ef.png

Can you please help me, I can't untick it why 😭, Media Encoder and Adobe Premiere are both in the same version and they are using they are using the latest

version .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you queue from the Premiere export dialog to Me, it completes the export? I'm trying to figure out why that is grayed-out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can export from Premiere Pro but when I do it in Media Encoder my motion graphics and my Luts are not displayed and they are appearing as an offline media but when I export it from Premiere Pro, I don't have this error everything is displayed like in the preview.

I tried to use your fix but I can't uncheck it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw I sent a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Me to see your LUTs, they have to be in the correct locations on your machine. Which is NOT in the program/package folder location. Here's the chart for the proper locations. And note, you need to add in the final folder in each tree, Technical and Creative.

LUTs in the Technical folders 'here' will show in the Basic tab drop-down list. In the Creative tab, they will appear in sorted order in the Creative tab. They will appear in computer-ese alpha-numeric order, so I rename all my LUTs with a number/letter prefix so they're organized and listed before the included ones, which I almost never use. So my LUTs are like

01 A0 low sat high contrast

01 A1 high sat high contrast

01 C1 low-sat raised

You get the idea. Here's the chart:

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

LUTs stored in the above locations will be seen across the Adobe video apps, Premiere, AfterEffects, MediaEncoder, and Prelude. If you put them anywhere else, and locate them while working in Premiere, they will only be seen in Premiere.

And ... when you queue over to Me, just to be sure ... with Premiere still up, it still shows the import natively grayed-out?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it still show up, is there folder where I can put my .mogrt and they will be displayed in the AME & PP Like the LUTs Folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15958951003612167985385583846060.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your mogrts are showing in the Browse section of the Graphics workspace, in either a library or local folder, they should be seen by all apps.

That import natively thing is really bothering me ... huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they are not seen in AME but when I am exporting it in AME it's showing that the motion graphics are as an offline media, but when I'm exporting it in PP everything is good the motion graphics and the LUTs are also displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the full numbers for both Pr and Me ... let's make sure they are correctly paired.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact issue as well. I was on an older version of Premiere and ME, so I updated to the newest and still not working. I am using custom created .mogrt's and they export fine from Premiere, but when I send the timeline to ME it just turns the graphics off and all I can see is the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea @R Neil Haugen on the above issue? My"import sequences natively" is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read and try the option in the first reply at the top of this thread? Turning off "import sequences natively"?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did try that, but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they have say video files as part of them? How complex are they?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No video files, just type that animates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines