• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory leak after upgrade to Adobe Premiere CC 2018

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday updated Adobe Premiere to version cc 2018 and noticed a memory leak when downloading a not very large project. Windows 10 because of this, hangs and it only helps to completely reboot. Who has the same problem? Strangely somehow it turns out that with every major update, the problem with memory leaks is repeated all the time. Developers, tell me when it will stop.

Intel Core i5-6600K,

MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK,

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G,

Kingston DDR4 16GB 3000Mhz HyperX Savage Black,

SSD

Win10-64

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had this same problem running Windows 10. I did reset the presets and the cache, but the problem still persisted. Because we had to make some final edits to a project to render, the conforming of files and memory leak were preventing us from making any edits. The project was originally created in CC 2017. The workaround for us was to import the sequence into a new Premiere CC project and work from there.  All assets and sequences within the old CC project imported correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All it took was importing 3 hours worth of 1080i AVCHD video to crash PP2018 on Windows 10 Enterprise 64. The little progress bar comes on and after conforming one or two MTS files in a sequence of 8 or 10 files it crashes (on a 12 core dual processor Xeon + 48gig RAM with 200gig flash drive for Adobe temp files, 240 gig system hard drive and 2 terabyte hard drive for video storage - all with at least 25% free space and defragged).

Changed the Preferences to allow all Adobe apps to use less than 50% of memory and make it more memory (rather than performance) efficient and that seemed to help flatline it at the assigned peak for a few minutes, but (monitoring performance in Task Manager) eventually memory use began to creep up to less than 2 gigabytes free. Then it changed by +/- .5 gigabytes over a few minutes and finally crashed the entire computer. Had to do a cold reboot to restore system. This has happened several times. Tried saving frequently during conforming, but same files kept needing to be conformed.

I can't even get video in a new project fully loaded to edit anything without multiple crashes!  This is a loser until next version fix. Back to PP 2017 to get work done...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here.

unfortunately I was headstrong to see it might be an issue with premiere.

but now I have all of these projects midway in prem 2018!!!  they better release an update asap, so I didn't waste a month of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I have to observe task menager when import new m2ts file to the project and when coming up to 90-95% RAM use i have to close and reboot PP CC2018, I have large project so i have to reboot PP a lot of times to create media cache.

32 RAM

SSD Disc for Media Cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi владимирм,

Still facing this issue? Can you try importing your project into a brand new project. I'm having good success with that. Let us know if you still need assistance.

In the future, try and complete projects in the software they was created in. Excuse me if you are already doing so. As it turns out, many of these issues are due to updating a CC2017 project to the CC2018 software, which has been mentioned as the source of problems by others on this thread.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

We are having this same problem here on one of our feature documentary series.  It is absolutely killing us and I'm not sure what else to do.  We've moved the media and sequences to a new project and that helped in the beginning but now, and it doesn't happen every time (which is actually worse than if it did), when they add a marker to a media clip Premiere suddenly eats up all of the RAM causing the systems to crash.  When we moved the project from a mac to a PC, the problem still occurred but the PC was sometimes able to recover after about 10-15 minutes.  It's no way to work and our editors are on the verge of quitting.

I'm just a consultant who recently arrived on the scene but, after looking at the original project, I have no doubt that the source of these issues are the result of our poor organization and procedure.  That said, we still need a solution even if it's with a slice of humble pie.

Best,

Chad

HP z840

Windows 10 Pro

Xeon E5-2650 v4 x2

32gb RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I now have no problems with the adobe Premier 2018. everything works well. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines