• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury playback engine gpu acceleration greyed out

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the brand new macbook pro max fully upgraded. My project for some reason recently has just been super laggy. ill open it up & then when i skim through the timeline all of a sudden the playback will freeze. I have all other funcitons in premeire but the playback on the computer wont work. Im trying to see if i can change the Render & Playback settings but its greyed out i cant figure out why. Ive tried opening a new project but its the same thing. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 12.37.04 AM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

That setting is enabled by default if running Premiere Pro as Apple silicon native.

While Premiere Pro is closed, get into on the application in the Finder and enable "Open using Rosetta".  You'll then be able to change that project setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That setting is enabled by default if running Premiere Pro as Apple silicon native.

While Premiere Pro is closed, get into on the application in the Finder and enable "Open using Rosetta".  You'll then be able to change that project setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What??? Could you be a little more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Specifically, when you open Premiere Pro normally, it runs in Apple Silicon native mode by default, and it's renderer is permanently locked into the Metal GPU acceleration mode. You will need to open the Creative Cloud desktop app, then click on the Apps tab, then click on the three dots next to the Premiere Pro line, then click Open in Intel mode. Unfortunately, the only other renderer setting besides Metal that's available is Software Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines