• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged clips have no audio when inserted into sequence. Bug?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have numerous merged clips, created by using Premiere's auto-audio-waveform sync to combine camera footage with external audio. So each clip has the stereo audio from the camera, and two mono tracks from wave files.

If I have one of these clips in the preview monitor, then mark In & Out, and drag to the timeline... all is fine. But if I use the keyboard or the Insert button below the viewer, only the video is inserted. Why?

I have audio patching set up in a way that I think should cover it. Screen shot below.

audioPatching.png

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

You have your Source Patching for the audio sources all turned off:

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 12.10.54 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have your Source Patching for the audio sources all turned off:

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 12.10.54 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks!  I've looked at the doc for these two columns of indicators before and never gleaned a clear understanding of their usage.

This info and some apparently-improved documentation has made it clear. This'll be a real time-saver.

At first I found it annoying that selecting different clips in the bin causes the track indicators to simply disappear if the source has fewer tracks, but really it's a handy way of seeing how many tracks exist in source material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines