Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MERGING VIDEO CLIPS

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm cutting a short film and have a problem with syncing the video + audio files.

During the shoot the clips were split in camera when they reached a certain size/time, however the audio wasn't.

All of the shots have a clapperboard so I have sync points but only per shot and each shot is split into several clips.

What is the best way to tackle this so that I have all the clips synced together and can merge them with the audio?

Thanks all in advance!

Any tips would be much appreciated, at the moment I'm just putting them together in the timeline but this is taking way to long!

Let me know if you need anymore info!

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

You can use the sync by audio waveform function in Premierepro. Then once you have you video clips and audio clips synced, you can nest them to create a sequence that can be edited with on other timelines just like a clip

Thx,

Steve

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 3.24.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera shot this material?

What are the properties of the source clips?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to tackle this

1. Record audio in-camera using a model that doesn't span clips. (GH5, BMPCC, FS7, Ursa Mini Pro)

2. The next best method is to record audio in-camera using a model that does span clips, because Premiere Pro can often see those files as one clip, but even if it doesn't, the video and audio will still be synced.  (GH4, A7s, C100 etc.)

3. Record audio separately using a camera that doesn't span clips, so you only have to sync two items.  (GH5, BMPCC, RED, Alexa, FS7)

4. Record audio separately using a camera that does span clips in a way that Premiere Pro can stitch back together, so you only have to sync two items. (C100, A7s)

What you don't want to do is record audio separately using a camera that creates spanned clips that PP can't stitch back together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the sync by audio waveform function in Premierepro. Then once you have you video clips and audio clips synced, you can nest them to create a sequence that can be edited with on other timelines just like a clip

Thx,

Steve

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 3.24.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines