• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.MOGRT files import as media offline on the computer they were created on.

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues importing and dealing with .mogrt files in this project. These .mogrt files I've created for this project have been larger than anything I've made before because they include a few layers of rendered footage to speed up the responsiveness. Ranging from 900MB to 1900MB.

At first we had issues importing it to another computer running the latest updates for mac, and I used the other mogrt's on my own computer. When placed in the timeline, they were editable on the same macs that couldn't import them earlier.

My main issue now is that the 1900MB large mogrt shows up as media offline on my own computer after I make it and import it to premiere. It doesn't matter if its exported to the hard drive and imported manually, or exported straight to local templates folder, it just stays offline.

Some key specs:

Premiere Pro Version: 14.3.1 (Build 45)

After Effects Version: 17.1.2 (Build 37)

Windows 10

Intel 8600K

Nvidia RTX 2080S

32 GB DDR4 RAM

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including video media in a mogrt seems problematic. Sometimes works, sometimes ... not so much. I'm not sure I totally understand this, and a couple of the engineers have given me lengthy explanations about how this should work and why it doesn't when it doesn't.

I'll ask around again ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage within your Mogrt should definitely work. We've had an elusive bug that makes the media within the Mogrt go offline (not the Mogrt itself) that I haven't been able to nail down a consistent reason. Would you mind sharing your Mogrt with me @helloc38986482? maybe with a WeTransfer link or something since it sounds like its a big file. 

Thanks, 

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you'll see this on an old thread...

We've had an elusive bug that makes the media within the Mogrt go offline (not the Mogrt itself) that I haven't been able to nail down a consistent reason

Has a fix occured for this? We are still experiencing this issue on a single user's computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Justin Schultz

There are a couple of reasons that this could be happening. 

What version of PR are you running? 
What is the format of the files in the Mogrt that are going offline?

Was the Mogrt create on a Mac and then added to a sequence on a Win? The Windows OS will sometimes flag certain formats as invalid and won't load them properly. 

Any additional info, specs, screen recordings and the Mogrt itself is super helpful to help diagnose the issue. 
Please feel free to DM me if you prefer to share the Mogrt privately. 

Thanks,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Is there a solution yet?

I created a . MOGRT wich contains footage in ProRes 4444. On a MAC it works just fine when we import it in Premiere Pro. But on a PC with Windows 10 the .MOGRT shows "Media Offline" whin it's imported in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent run into this issue too much, but it does occasionally come up for me. The thing I've found that most often causes this for me is exceptionally high resolution assets / compositions. Recently, I ran into the "Media Offline" issue after increasing the resolution of asset placeholders in my composition by 5x (5x1080). Once I brought that multiplier down to 3x, my mogrt regained it's ability to show correctly once placed onto my timeline.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also did just fix a bug where Mogrts that were over 2gb in size were failing to open on Windows. Would you mind trying the latest Beta build 22.1 x 34 or after and seeing if your issue is resolved? 

Thanks,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines