• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Morph Cut - A Low-level exception occurred (Impossible to render or make it work)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently discovered morph cuts after another editor I am working on a project with added a few of them to the project (which he sent over to me to work on further).

Immediately upon linking all the media and working on the project, I was getting nearly constant repeat errors on my timeline showing the following message:

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 17.45.07.png

I deleted all the morph cuts and the errors went away, but I've realised that they would be a great addition to the video, and so I added them back in myself, which produced the same error of course.

I then had a read around a few forum posts and tried nesting the multicam sequence, before applying morph cuts again. I even tried to render the in and out points surrounding the morph cut and received this error:

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 17.40.56.png 

The editor that sent me the project was able to use the morph cuts clearly, so what's the problem?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would close Premiere, manually delete everything in the Media Cache and Cache Database folders plus all preview files.

Delete Media/cache files

Reboot.

Try again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Sorry for late reply, wasn't getting notifications for these replies.

I've tried deleting the media and cache files, but to no avail, as I am getting the same errors when i add in morph cut transitions.

Anything else you can think of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a long time ago some MIT students put a morph program on internet for free ( forget name ) but basically you start with one image ( A ) and then put in 2nd image ( B ) and then make your choices about specific points in images that are similar.

For example, image 1 is your face, and image 2 is your face (same frame and composition ) as a werewolf.

The morph thing is tweening ( animation). Back then it was an output of TGA image files I think.

So, you would put the image sequence into your editing program as a group of still images.

????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@salvo34 

The morph cut transition is different from morphing (like you would do in After Effects).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My inquiry is regarding the morph cut transition used in premiere pro. Have you any idea why it's not working for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try decreasing the length of the morph transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have reduced the size of the morph cut to the shortest transition possible and it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.

hmmm.

I use cs6 and resolve 15. In resolve that thing is called 'smooth' I think. It's basically 6 frames or so.... where some head is yappin and there's a problem with mouth and sound ( like a stutter in speach ).

I just did it once as part of a tutorial to learn resolve and it worked well, but was real short like 5 frames or less even.... I wouldn't depend on that to fix anything more than a really super short stammer or stutter.

Good luck

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obviously an 'effect' like that requires writing to cache and using those cache files to make it work... so sending stuff between platforms won't have those cache files to reference... to complete the programming instructions.  You have to do your own morph cuts where you need them maybe ?

Use what you got for the locations, but make your own based on that location ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember right, when I did it, there was lets say 2 frames.... one had mouth in focus and the other had mouth in focus... but there was some stutter in sound thing... and I used " smooth "'

When I did that 2 frames were added ( with blurry mouth which was combination of the two frames) and it looked OK and sounded OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the fact that the clips I'm using are in a multi-cam sequence be an issue with morph cutting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wotc… I think you're on to something. I was able to get the morph cut to function correctly, but not within a multicam sequence… which is what I was initally trying too. It sucks, but to use the transition I used the audio track to sync with the initial footage nested within the multicam sequence, then pulled those clips together, used the transition, then re-synced them within my final multicam sequence. Would be super nice if Adobe made the feature useable within a multicam sequence… but it sorta makes sense that it doesn't work how we expected it to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you say the clips (or at least some of them) are multicam?  if so, duplicate your sequence so you can go back to it if necessary, and flatten the multicam clips.  Just control click on the clips and you should see that option available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I flattened just the area of the multiclip that I needed to morph. About 3 secs.

Works. If I need to go back, I can always drag out the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still just getting a black image, any new solutions that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines