• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion option disappears from random clips in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 error. Not localized to one machine. Happens on all Windows machines randomly.

There are posts about this going back to CS6.

I have several projects that this has occurred in. I have a timeline full of cuts that I'm trying to finalize and might go in an add some cropping and motion to. Click on a clip and motion is there on 90% of them. Then you get to some clips and there isn't the Motion option. It's gone. Nothing.

In CC 2015 you used to be able to force it by copying Motion from another clip and pasting it on, but 2017 and beyond have made this not work.

How the heck do you add motion back to clips from which it has disappeared?

No, re-adding clips isn't an option because this is hundreds of cuts.

Why isn't motion just another effect that can easily be added?

Why do I have to drop clips into After Effects to get this ability?

Why has it been a decade and this ridiculous bug hasn't been fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Meg+The+Dog  wrote

You can add much of the functionality of the controls that are under Motion by adding the Transform effect -

Video Effects > Distort > Transform

but my suspicion is there is something else going on that may prevent that being functional if added.

MtD

So that's what it's under. Distort. Thank you.

The other fix that I found from another post is to find a clip with Motion working properly and create a preset that you can then apply to other clips that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of what is exactly missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can do later, but the entire Motion effect is not there.

No scale or position options appear as they should (and do on most clips).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing preference and resetting plugin cache (shift+Alt)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing the preference and plugin cache did nothing (though it was fun waiting a half hour for Premiere to re-learn 500 audio plugins).

premiere.jpg

That's two screens. On the left is a normal clip and what every clip should look like by default. On the right is what happens on probably 10% of clips in huge projects. Motion just vanishes and Premiere affords no way to forcibly add it. It could be fixed by just making motion like any effect that can be added from the effects list. They should have done that 10 versions ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add much of the functionality of the controls that are under Motion by adding the Transform effect -

but my suspicion is there is something else going on that may prevent that being functional if added.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Meg+The+Dog  wrote

MtD

So that's what it's under. Distort. Thank you.

The other fix that I found from another post is to find a clip with Motion working properly and create a preset that you can then apply to other clips that suffer from this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've searched a lot of places and this seems to be the answer.

Boi, it seems we have been bamboozled.

'fx motion' is now fx transform. Solved. Thanks man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines