• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

motion–scale vs transform-scale

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Effect Controls tab under Motion, I can adjust a clip's size using Scale.

Under Video Effects–Distort–Transform, I can adjust a clip's size using Scale.

I also have the option to select Bilinear or Bicubic sampling.

Does this mean Motion–Scale does not resample clips and only changes their size?

Aside from using Interpret Footage, is Distort–Transform the only keyframeable option for resampling?

pkh

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Dear PKH,

Our product manager said, "Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear, or nearest neighbor. For upscaling, I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content."

I hope that helps answer your questions.

Thank You,
Kevi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear PKH,

Our product manager said, "Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear, or nearest neighbor. For upscaling, I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content."

I hope that helps answer your questions.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, 

Are you able to explain what Lanczo interpolation does to the nearest pixels? How does Lanczo resampling work as opposed to NN, Bilinear and Bicubic?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Canonshop,

You can ask Francis here. He just says it's better: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/37024072-nearest-neighbor-s...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines