Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move clips with makers in timeline

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

After doing some research, I am not finding a way to move the markers I have on the timeline (and the ones not inside the clips) with the clips when using the Track Select Forward Tool (A) and moving a bunch of clips at once. I would like for the markers to move with the clips. Anybody with a tip?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

In the Markers menu then is the option to 'Ripple Sequence Markers'.

This means if you trim or extend a clip to make a sequence longer or shorter, the markers further down the timeline will move accordingly. If you just select some clips and move them, then the markers won't move since they are sequence markers and not clip markers. This is by design, if you want a marker to be attached to the clip then you should really use a clip marker.

If you are moving clips down the sequence to create a ga

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Markers menu then is the option to 'Ripple Sequence Markers'.

This means if you trim or extend a clip to make a sequence longer or shorter, the markers further down the timeline will move accordingly. If you just select some clips and move them, then the markers won't move since they are sequence markers and not clip markers. This is by design, if you want a marker to be attached to the clip then you should really use a clip marker.

If you are moving clips down the sequence to create a gap for new shots, try doing a ripple trim to extend the the outgoing shot and then drag the edit point back to where it was.

There is also the option where Copy Paste includes sequence markers - you could use this but I don't think it would really help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you know if there is a way to assign a marker in the sequence/timeline to a set of clips? So like this, whatever movement happens, the markers follow the set of clips.

I use markers within the clips as well as the markers inside the timeline. I use them in the timeline to get myself organized and label sets of clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines