• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 file only added to project as MP3

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to edit a video and I can't import said video, as it only imports into the project as an MP3. I've already done the "best solution" of converting my video from MP4 to MP4 online, and it didn't work. Is there a fix to this or do I wait until the next update where it will (hopefully) be fixed?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really strange. If it were me I wouldn't use some online program but instead a dedicate program like Handbrake. Something is wrong with the metadata in the file and Premiere is not interpreting it correctly. This isn't a Premiere issue I believe but more something to do with that particular file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formulate the question correctly. It's not entirely clear what you want to hear from the community 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing wrong with the question, it's been laid out just fine. Perhaps ask the person what YOU don't understand in the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the question is in a completely unsuitable editing product for many users. It's so clear to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something similar. yeah. I'll try it out and mark this if it's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh wow... Never heard of that before. A bit smarter now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Improve your skills and everything will be clear )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been around for a very long time. It surfaces once in a while. Never found a soulution.

Dont think this has anything to do with source patching or track targeting.

Best is to convert the file. Has an odd framesize and a color space I have never seen before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines