• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mts files don't work in CS6.. Why not Adobe

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I drop a .mts file from my sony camera into Prem Pro, it shows video but no sound?  If I drop it into CS5.5 the sound works.

I have downloaded an updated version of Prem Pro from Adobe today June 2012. And still it won't handle mts files?

I can't understand why it is so hard to find a solution to this problem. two of the worlds largest companies Sony and Adobe and none of them cover the issue on their sites, Yet it's clearly a major issue?

I have seen talk on the site of renaming files, which doesn't work and would be a pain in the rear.

Has Any one got a solution that works?

Please ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

FIXED Yipeeee!

It isn't all good news though but I do have a solution that will almost certainly work for you, all be it a bit Drastic

This problem has been killing me. I just want to be able to drag and drop the MCS file into premiere pro like I always have with other video files and all the nonsense about pulling over entire folder structure just WON'T DO , we are not living in the 70's. And thank god the file structure thing is just stuff and nonsense.

What is happening is this.. something on y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi evryone.

i have got a mts files with Panasonic camera. And the sound not import to my project. what i can do to fix thix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload one of the smaller files so we can test on our systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, please simple link. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85370462/00010.MTS

When we have got a CS5.5 all was great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the sample file from Jakub PL and the file has audio for me on my Mac and Windows systems with Premiere Pro 6.0.1.

For those having issues with no audio with AVCHD files, could you try the following:

1) Quit Premiere. Launch Premiere again. Go to the Help menu and verify that you are activated (towards bottom, should see "Deactivate..." that signifies that you are activated).

2) Go to Preferences > Media > Media Cache Database. Click the "Clean" button. Import your file(s) again and see if you get audio now.

3) If 1 and 2 do not work, then could you please try to uninstall and then install Premiere Pro again.

I have confirmation from two people that step #3 worked for them.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have the same problem, Panasonic SD900, when I import a mts file in PPcs6, then only video wil appears but no audio track, when I convert the mts to mp4, then I have sound and video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file has audio for me when I import it into premiere cs6... Great spanish music by the way. I'd try to clean your cache and re-import like the post above suggested because if that isn't it and the activation part isn't the problem I dunno what else to say since it works fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file plays fine on my computer. I am not trying to say your problem doesn't exist but I can't replicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why you must copy the entire folder to your hard drive http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the file worked fine even without  the folder structure. However for me personally I always copy the BDMV structure over because otherwise the clips from my SDHC card aren't joined properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John T Smith

There is some confusion for me here, the link you provide refers over and over to SD Card Structure. And if I put an SD Card into my Camera I see that Structure BUT my camera has 160GB internal drive and I don't need, or want, to use an SD Card. The problem is when I look at the cameras Hard Drive there is no such structure, just a Date Folder and the .mts file inside.

When you import the mts file over to the PC you get the single file and one .modd file in a date folder?

So all the talk about copying the whole file structure over doesn't and can't apply in this instance?    What then

Thank you for you reply by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload a small test file using adrive or dropbox or something. Because I'd like to see if the clip has audio for me personally. One of the other people in this thread said their clip didn't have audio but when I imported it, it did indeed have audio on my specific system. Which makes me wonder if this is some sort of isolated issue, which may or may not be hard to reproduce. I'm just intrested to see if it will play on my system. Please don't misunderstand though because I for sure believe that you are experincing a issue because obviously you wouldn't keep posting if it wasn't a real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ComputerNovice25 wrote:

Upload a small test file using adrive or dropbox or something. Because I'd like to see if the clip has audio for me personally. One of the other people in this thread said their clip didn't have audio but when I imported it, it did indeed have audio on my specific system. Which makes me wonder if this is some sort of isolated issue, which may or may not be hard to reproduce. I'm just intrested to see if it will play on my system. Please don't misunderstand though because I for sure believe that you are experincing a issue because obviously you wouldn't keep posting if it wasn't a real problem.

I would but I see little point. I am not saying the clips don't have Audio. I can use the clips (with audio) in, Movie Maker, Sony Vegas and watch them back on Windows Media Player without any issues.

I could also play Jakub's file from above and it had no file structure (just a straight mts file)  It plaid in WMP and can be edited in Windows Movie maker no problem???

Could it be that Adobe haven't paid for the rights to import Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound into CS6 (just something I read this morning)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this document has ac3 5.1 audio listed as a supported audio format.

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/premiere/cs6/pdfs/compatibiltiy-list-premiere-pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeenoDeeno,

Have you tried the 3 items that I listed earlier today? Premiere Pro CS6 does have support for Dolby audio in AVCHD files and many customers are seeing audio in their files. For some reason, some customers (such as yourself) and not getting audio and we believe this may be due to an something that went wrong during installation. I have spoken to a few people that have had the same issue as you and uninstall and then re-install Premiere fixed the issue for them. Here are the 3 things to try:

1) Quit Premiere. Launch Premiere again. Go to the Help menu and verify that you are activated (towards bottom, should see "Deactivate..." that signifies that you are activated).

2) Go to Preferences > Media > Media Cache Database. Click the "Clean" button. Import your file(s) again and see if you get audio now.

3) If 1 and 2 do not work, then could you please try to uninstall and then install Premiere Pro again.

#3 has been confirmed by some people to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent Happel wrote:

DeenoDeeno,

Have you tried the 3 items that I listed earlier today? Premiere Pro CS6 does have support for Dolby audio in AVCHD files and many customers are seeing audio in their files. For some reason, some customers (such as yourself) and not getting audio and we believe this may be due to an something that went wrong during installation. I have spoken to a few people that have had the same issue as you and uninstall and then re-install Premiere fixed the issue for them. Here are the 3 things to try:

#3 has been confirmed by some people to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Hi Trent

I tried step a and 2 but no good.  I will try the uninstall reinstall again a bit later but I have tried it before and it was no good, I even re downloaded from adobe to see if the package had been amended (about three days ago) but no good with that also.

I will try a reinstall later.  Is there likely to me a update soon, I did get 6.0.1 but that didn't address the issue. Is there a was of copying some of the CS5.5 preset function to CS6 Manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeenoDeeno,

When you imported Jakub's .mts file in Premiere Pro CS6 on your system, did it have audio? If it did not, then it would possibly point to something going wrong with your installation of CS6.

If you do get audio with Jakub's file (in Premiere Pro CS6), but not the files from your camera, then that sounds like something specific to your files. In that case, would it be possible to get a small sample file from your camera for us to look at?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well trent at least I learned a new thing today  Drop Box

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85490648/20120615130016.MTS

Here is a small MTS from my camera.

Thanks agin for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeenoDeeno wrote:

Thank you for supplying a file. I am getting audio with your file on my systems. It is 48kHz Stereo. Verified on Mac 10.6.8 and Windows 7sp1 with Premiere Pro CS6.0.1.

This leads me to believe that something may have gone awry when you installed Premiere. Sorry, but all I can think of is that possibly a reinstall would resolve this issue on your system. You also might want to try manually deleting the Premiere media cache. On Windows, go to AppData -> Roaming -> Adobe -> Common -> delete the Media Cache and Media Cache Files folders. On Mac, go to Users -> <user name> -> Library -> Application Support -> Adobe -> Common -> delete the Media Cache and Media Cache Files folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent Happel wrote:

DeenoDeeno wrote:

Thank you for supplying a file. I am getting audio with your file on my systems. It is 48kHz Stereo. Verified on Mac 10.6.8 and Windows 7sp1 with Premiere Pro CS6.0.1.

This leads me to believe that something may have gone awry when you installed Premiere. Sorry, but all I can think of is that possibly a reinstall would resolve this issue on your system. You also might want to try manually deleting the Premiere media cache. On Windows, go to AppData -> Roaming -> Adobe -> Common -> delete the Media Cache and Media Cache Files folders. On Mac, go to Users -> <user name> -> Library -> Application Support -> Adobe -> Common -> delete the Media Cache and Media Cache Files folders.

Thanks, I will try that and report back.

Will the above effect my older 5.5 install?  I don't want to mess that up just now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall of Premiere Pro CS6 should not affect CS5.5. Deleting the Media Cache folders will remove any conform, index, PEK files and other cached items for both versions, though. If you want, you can just delete the specific cached files for the AVCHD files that do not provide audio. I was trying to eliminate the possibility that an older cache file might also be causing CS6 to not read audio. You can also remove the files from the Media Cache folders to a different location (backup), so that you can always put them back if needed.

And the path to the Media Cache is the default location. If you have moved it to a different location, then go to that location for the Media Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said.No change I create new work station, install a windows seven os and only cs6 package on this system. Absence of any change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same problems over here, but i'm on a Panasonic Hc-V500 with SD-card.

I've copied the entire card onto my HD and tried to import it via the Media Browser from Premiere Pro CS6.

Video is ok, but no sound. It doesn't show in the timeline or source monitor. File plays with sound in VLC and Windows Media Player.

Switched back to Premiere Pro CS5.5 and... tadahhh! Sound! Beats me. Updates from Adobe didn't change anything!

Puzzled... Newer should be better? Wanna use the new Premiere with my new cam... Somebody?

Thanx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mlotens wrote:

Hi,

Same problems over here, but i'm on a Panasonic Hc-V500 with SD-card.

I've copied the entire card onto my HD and tried to import it via the Media Browser from Premiere Pro CS6.

Video is ok, but no sound. It doesn't show in the timeline or source monitor. File plays with sound in VLC and Windows Media Player.

Switched back to Premiere Pro CS5.5 and... tadahhh! Sound! Beats me. Updates from Adobe didn't change anything!

Puzzled... Newer should be better? Wanna use the new Premiere with my new cam... Somebody?

Thanx!

In my case, in cs 5.5 all is great. sound is in this version. But cs6 is problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I tried Jakub's and Deeno's files and I am getting sound with them in CS6 (Win 7 sp1 64bit). Mlotens, can you upload a small .mts file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe Riggs wrote:

Well I tried Jakub's and Deeno's files and I am getting sound with them in CS6 (Win 7 sp1 64bit). Mlotens, can you upload a small .mts file?

I think we can safely say that those of you that are able to play our MTS files are going to be able to play any .MTS file the issue now is what is different in our Prem Pro Settings which is stopping the sound.

I am thinking it's a Codec issue? does any one have strong knowledge that could prove or dissprove this theory?

Thanks for trying our files Joe but I suspect trying  more won't further the cause

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines