• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Track Color Match

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to use the new PP Color Match in the Lumetri panel when the clips are on the same track.  But how can I use Color Match if the clips are not on the same track.    This occurs when I use multiple cameras to record the same event.  For instance, if I record a 1 hour event and put one camera on track one and the other camera on track two (and I will later do a multi-cam edit), I would like be able to use Color Match to match the color of the two tracks.  Today my work around is to put a portion of track two on the end of track one, do the color match and then delete the little clip from track two that I temporarily put on track one.  This is cumbersome and time consuming.  Can this be done with Color Match without having put the clips (temporarily) on the same track?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could flatten the sequence of course. Or use a nested multicam.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your method is the only way to ‘compare’ shots on different tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can compare clips on different tracks easily.  When you enter comparison view mode the "Reference" side on the left is basically a copy of your current timeline at the time you enter comparison view mode.  You can select any frame that is visible in the timeline as your reference frame.  If you want to use clips on lower tracks that are hidden,  turn off higher tracks using the track visibility eyeball to make the lower track visible before you enter comparison view mode.  The "Current" side of the comparison view on the right shows the current frame under the playhead in your timeline.   In order for the Color Match to work properly the clip that is visible under the playhead must be selected.  If you are in the color workspace and have "selection follows playhead" enabled (it is enabled by default in the color workspace), then your clip should be selected automatically and you are good to go.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to follow your suggestions.

I've got a sequence with three video tracks.

The only way I can get a lower video to show in the Comparison view is if any tracks above it are switched off. From your instructions, I should be able to go to another clip down the line with C-view already enabled, and turn on visibility of an upper track, and still see the reference showing the original lower track clip.

But as soon as I turn the upper track back on, the reference image jumps to the first clip of the upper track.

Now, the one circumstance where this is not the case is if the V1 track has no tracks above the first part of the clip, as then it will show the farthest left clip available, which is on V1. As soon as I skip the Reference over to where there is upper track, it jumps to the upper track.

And it doesn't matter which clip I have selected as far as visibility of clips in multi-track setups. The top track clip visible is what will be shown in the Program monitor. Even if the clip below is selected, not the top track.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me be clear about what I am trying to do. If I have clips on tracks 1

and 2, I am NOT trying to find a way to color match a clip on track 1 with

another clip on track 1. I am try to color match a clip on track 1 with a

clip on track 2.

I don't believe it works the way described by Trevor. Lets say that I have

a clip called "A" on track 1 and "B" on track 2.

I first turn off the eyeball on track 2.

I select a clip on track 1 and then click on Comparison View. As a result,

I see "A" in both the Reference and Current view.

I then click on the eyeball for track 2, select the clip on track 2 and now

I see two copies of "B." When I turn off the eyeball for track 2, I see

two copies of "A."

But I want the reference to be "A" (track 1) and the current to be "B"

(track 2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not my suggestion and I am in complete agreement with you (comparison view reference is 'live' sequence and respects current track visibility - which makes comparison across tracks tricky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also working within this situation, and cannot get your suggestion to work. I feel like it worked for me once, on the first color match, then it stopped. Very frustrated. Seems like your suggestion Francis, should be the default behavior. I fear an update or patch has broken it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in PDX awaiting boarding for Vegas/NAB. I'll try to remember to check with the engineers on this. Frustrating situation.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines