• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam crashing Premiere CC 2018

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing the issue of Multicam crashing out Premiere CC 2018 every time you try to open the Multicam viewer?

I've tried this on old projects, as well as new projects. Every single time it dumps out the program. I just additionally reinstalled the old version of Premiere, as I wasn't experiencing this before.

I've been having this problem since launch of the new Premiere CC 2018. I was on OS X 10.13.1 (now 10.13.2 Beta). Same issues.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

I've figured out that I can eliminate the crash as long as I modify my sequence setting. OpenCL is the culprit. I have to run Metal or Software Only to keep the problem from happening. I've always run OpenCL, as it seems to be faster.

My MacBook Pro is a (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

CUDA is no longer available either (though I never used it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured out that I can eliminate the crash as long as I modify my sequence setting. OpenCL is the culprit. I have to run Metal or Software Only to keep the problem from happening. I've always run OpenCL, as it seems to be faster.

My MacBook Pro is a (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

CUDA is no longer available either (though I never used it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen this behavior on Windows 10 Pro (1703) using CUDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run both windows and two other macs all running premiere cc 2018. The multicam crash described above only happens in both my macs. It does not crash in windows. The macs are running High Sierra 10.13.1. Issue is only fixed by changing the renderer to software or metal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC's & Macs have issues with multicam in Premiere CC 2018. Very sad. Infinitely frustrating.

It's been a while since I was forced to come to the forums for help. But here I am. Myself as well as 3 other editors I work with have all had major issues with Multicam within CC 2018. Seems this new release may have pretty features but lacks stability in the multicam world. I can see how one computer can be affected by issues, but four?! Hardly a coincidence. And yes, we're all working on different projects. The others are all on various iMacs and I'm on a PC and yes, I've had issues too. Not so much with Premiere crashing when I try to open multicam but I've had several crashes in a row during the use of multicam. Sometimes I couldn't get through 5 minutes without a crash. My other Apple editors could get through maybe 30 minutes before it crashed. We've all reinstalled Premiere more than once. One of the 3 other editors seems to have got it under control now after reinstalling. He also turned off CUDA although I'm not sure that was what fixed it because it was crashing after he had made that switch.

Anyway, I've updated to 12.0.1 and still had issues. I was really bummed not to read anything in the recent update's bug release notes about issues involving multicam. And yes, we've trashed preferences, deleted cache, and reinstalled and even used adobe cleaner but no one troubleshooting thing has been the solution. Wish I had better news than this but seems CC2018 is pretty crappy in the multicam department. Sad the kids at Adobe didn't properly test that out prior to release.

I'll keep trying or roll back to 2017 I guess in the meantime. About to start editing a feature and although there's no multicam there, not sure I wanna trust CC 2018 with it. I had a good year of solid non-buggy work there which by Adobe's history is pretty good I think. If anyone reading this has any solutions to multicam crashes in Premiere 2018 on both PC's and Macs, I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

There are absolutely big issues with Multicam editing in Premiere 2018 realise. If I tell you what kind of machine I use for editing you will surprise,

18 Core i9 processor

128 GB DDR4 320Mhz

Two SSD Pro Samsung 960

Quadro P5000

Motherboard Asus X299 Premium

I Also using all clean apps which I purchased earlier and using them on Windows 10 Pro

I have to say when in the middle of playback and multi-cam performance, my premiere 2018 crashes every half an hour.

I hate it.

when I instal Edius and used this APP It is absolutely fine for Multicam editing.  Adobe does not give us that much support and I am getting to the point to hate premiere at this stage,

Arash from New Zealand

+642102295353

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

There are absolutely big issues with Multicam editing in Premiere 2018 realise. If I tell you what kind of machine I use for editing you will surprise,

18 Core i9 processor

128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz

Two SSD Pro Samsung 960

Quadro P5000

Motherboard Asus X299 Premium

I Also using all clean apps which I purchased earlier and using them on Windows 10 Pro

I have to say when in the middle of playback and multi-cam performance, my premiere 2018 crashes every half an hour.

I hate it.

when I instal Edius and used this APP It is absolutely fine for Multicam editing.  Adobe does not give us that much support and I am getting to the point to hate premiere at this stage,

Arash from New Zealand

+642102295353

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting.

I've had to find a way to explain to an important client why their project files were not fulling prepared for todays join editing session. Very frustrating and embarrassing.

I hope Adobe is listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give you that this prevents the software from crashing, but this is hardly a solution! OpenCL is considerably faster and allows for better rendering times.  My workflow is being severely handicapped by this... Why can't either Adobe or Cuda, whoever is the culprit just get this damn thing fixed?  I've done 3-4 new updates of Cuda and 1 new update from Adobe and neither of them have fixed the problem.  I can't imagine all the other professionals out there are fine with Software rendering... This is pathetic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were your steps to modifying the sequence setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean,

You can change a sequence setting by going to Sequence / Sequence Settings (Command-0)..

-- Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see, it's actually the project settings where I was able to find where to change the renderer from OpenCL. File->Project Settings->General->Renderer and changed to Metal. Working great so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this did it for me as well, thanks! I've been pulling my hair out for days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm new to Premier CC and was ready to throw my Mac through the window. Again, THANK YOUUUUUUUU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU ! My editing life has been HELL since I did the High Sierra upgrade. You'll allow me to be able to edit the rush holiday project I just got.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I write about my solution.

1. install "QUADRO & GEFORCE MACOS DRIVER RELEASE 378.10.10.10.25.102"

NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro & GeForce macOS Driver Release 378.10.10.10.25.102

2. Restart your PC

3. Change renderer

File->Project Settings->General->Renderer and changed to CUDA

My System:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

16GB 1600MHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Premier Pro CC 2018 12.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU!!! This has been driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I contacted Adobe support and they went through and deleted all the Premiere preference files.  I thought I had deleted them but I did not get all of them, not enough to fix the issue.  DELETING ALL PREMIERE PREFERENCES should fix this issue. 

Also, I can't imagine how, but the cause of the problem seems to have been somehow traced back to switching keyboards.  The battery died on my wireless keyboard and I couldn't find the cable to charge it, so I grabbed one of my other wired keyboards.  Somehow this must have caused a glitch and ultimately caused a preference file to become corrupt or something.  Not 100% certain if this was the cause, but it might have been.

If you are having this problem and have already tried deleting the preferences, then either do a Google search on how to delete all the Premiere preferences, or, contact customer support to help.

Hope this helps!

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold "option/alt key" while you enter Premiere Pro to reset preferences. That helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fixed it for me was removing audio tracks with different sample rates. Don't think it matters if what remains is the video's linked audio or not, just couldn't/didn't handle different sample rates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

spoke too soon. still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines