• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam edit in CC17 Do people still use it?

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are people still using CC17 or CC18 to do multiple camera edit?

Why?

I used multicam edits in CS6 for 5 years nearly daily, having 5 HD cams with clips about one hour long and it never failed me (using F4 to bring up the multicam editor.  I use it to go through the clips and select the right angle (camera) or to cut out pieces of the recording with the help of one empty video track. I start multicam editor and start selecting either wth the mouse or numbers 1 to 6. Recording is precise and on the spot. Selecting a differnt camera works on the spot!

I changed to CC17 because of editing 4K clips.

In CC 17 I tried it several times having 2 4K clips and 2 HD clips about an hour long. I choose multicam in the program monitor. I see my 4 different camera views and the empty video (for cutting unnecessary footage) I start play then record select one camera after a while I want to select at precisely this location another camera view, but the timeline plays and plays until ater one to 4 min it decides to make the cut!!! The same if I just want to play the edit and I want to stop at a certain point, it won't stop and sometimes it takes up to 4 min until it stops!

This is unacceptable!!! That's why I am asking if other people are still using multicam edit in CC17 (CC18 is even worse and I end up in blue screen)

The way around:

Now I do my multicam edit in CS6 it works precise! Most of the time I have 2x 4K clips and 2x HD clips. Once the cut is finished I open cc17 import the cs6 finished cut multicam sequence and do the finetuning there. No problems so far, No problems with that for the last 4 months!

Adobe what have you done? Why is it working in CS6 and not anymore in CC17?

and why are there so many blue screen errors? => a fatal windows crash

As I said I worked daily with CS6 for 5 years since 2012 when it was released, once in a while the program crasehd but I never ever had a windows blue screen fatal crash.

Computer: Ryzen7 1700X 32GB Ram Nvidia 1060 6GB Windows 7 SP1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using multicam in CC2017 & CC2018 with no issues on a PC with similar specs on Windows 10.

I'm not sure to see why you have such lag. Could you give us, more information about the file format/codec of your 4k files ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yenaphe

I'm using footage from sony cameras with XAVC-S MP4 codec 100 Mbs HD: XAVC 50Mbs.

Question: how long are your clips? Mine are usually between 40min up to 1hour 20. And Sony cameras don't split the footage but it is one big clip. Between 25 and 45 GB!

Question: Do you experience crashes? Crashes that lead to Windows blue screen?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the same problem in 2017.  It was frustrating as hell.

I'm switching to Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines