• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Projects - Both show in project Panel but not Timeline Panel

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 I am trying to work with multiple projects open in Premier Pro. As you can see by the screenshot, the project I originally opened the program with displays on the timeline. I opened another project and it is showing up in the project panel but when I click on it all of the other panels remain linked to the other project. How do I get the timeline panel from the other project to show up? Why isn't the name of the other project appearing in the timeline panel for me to click on so I can switch between them?

screen grab.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that when I go to Window>Projects it shows both of my projects.

When I go to Window>Timelines it only shows the project I opened Premiere Pro with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that when I go to Window>Projects it shows both of my projects but clicking on the other one still doesn't make it appear in the Timeline.

When I go to Window>Timelines it only shows the project I opened Premiere Pro with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know this too. I feel totally stupid for not understanding this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, summeresque,

Sorry for the confusion on multiple projects. From your screenshots, I feel that some of your Dallas assets are in your Carnegie project, and you are having trouble finding the proper sequence to open. The other confusing thing is that in the Icon view, it's not easy to discern the difference between a sequence (timeline) and a clip.

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 2.05.50 PM.pngSee this post for a visual cue.

In my multiple projects workflows (in which I share assets between projects), I try to keep only one project open at a time unless I am sharing assets (clips, sequences, graphics, music, SFX) from one project to another. Then, I close that second project once I have what I want. That way, I don't add items to the wrong project, like "Dallas Library" assets, to the "Carnegie Library" project (unless I expressly mean to do so). I can also avoid making a new sequence in the wrong project.

FYI: There is a feature now called "Productions" where you can tie together multiple projects for sharing assets amongst multiple users or even with yourself (if you have a large and complex project). For example, I have a substantial multiple project Production for the doc project of my travels. I am tracking a couple of dozen projects containing photos, clips, sound, graphics, stock footage, you name it. 

Let me know if you have any questions about Productions because it sounds like it may benefit this "Library" project you have been working on. I wish you the best of luck on it. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and the below comment from Kevin-Monahan

did not resolve it.

I have project A open and can see project A timeline. But when I start a new project (we will call it project B), I can see project B and A media files (separetly) but ONLY one time line...why when I started a new project did it not also create a corresponding new timeline?

I need to bounce back and forth between the two projects.

Please help!

Thank you.

Dana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while! But I found a solution, for anyone else visiting this page with the same question. If you'll go into the project window on the left of your screen and find the sequence (the one with the symbol that Kevin has highlighted) and right click it, you'll see an option near the bottom that says Open in Timeline. Click that and you're good to go! It's not very intuitive, I think it should open in timeline automatically, but I don't work for Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As sometimes one could have 20 sequences in a project, if it automatically opened all sequences in a project, you'd have a total mess on the timeline panel.

That's the reason it doesn't auto open something on the timeline if you open a second project. Or so I've been told.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines