My play button is changing from the "stop" to "play" button but nothing is moving anywhere. I'm not sure why nothing plays. I've tried everything that I've researched to fix it and nothing works. I even uninstalled and reinstalled, and my 2018 version and 2019 version are doing the same thing.
I'm sorry that I don't recall the specifics, but look under Edit > Prefs > Audio Hardware and try setting Default Input to NONE.
I had a similar issue some time ago and it was some obscure fix like that
I just found this thread and it solved my problem! Thank you for posting it.
Thanks! This helped me as well! It ended up being my audio output that was set incorrectly.
Hey there, emilyk!
Is your play button working again? Let us know! If not, we'll keep troubleshooting it.
It still is not working, I feel like I've tried every suggestion I've seen so far.
Alright, let's figure it out. Are you having this issue within one project or is it in every project you open?
Every project I open. I even tried creating a new project and the same thing happens. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. It happened when I updated to the 2019 version of Adobe. It was happening with the old and new version.
That sounds super frustrating, I'm sorry you haven't been able to watch any of your work back! I found a troubleshooting tutorial that recommended to check your device class under "audio hardware"
There's also this thread that sounds similar to yours. The people in this thread found a solution by resetting their preferences and clearing the plug-in cache: Premiere Pro playback play button not working - just hangs
Keep me posted!
The first video solution seemed to work well. Do you recommend keeping the setting like that always are just keeping it at what that video suggested?
Yeah, I would recommend leaving the device class on MME. It's widely supported by most Microsoft audio systems so it's a pretty safe bet!
So glad your system is playing again.
Is there anything else I can take a look at for you?
I use the G. translator. Excuse me
I had exactly the same problem and for me it was also the solution about the audio equipment setting.
So I had to go to Edit / Preferences / Audio Hardware. There I set the Audio Class to "MME".
Now everything was recognized correctly and "Play" worked again in all areas.
An addition. The sample rate stood as it did not work on 44100 Hz. Now again as usual with me on 48000 Hz.
Ich nutze den G. Übersetzer. Entschuldigung
Ich hatte exakt das gleiche Problem und bei mir war es auch die Lösung über die Audiogeräte Einstellung.
Ich musste also in Edit / Voreinstellung / Audio Hardeware gehen. Dort habe ich die Audioklasse auf "MME " gesetzt.
Nun wurde alles korrekt erkannt und "Play" funktionierte wieder in allen Bereichen.
Ein Zusatz. Die Samplerate stand als es nicht funktionierte auf 44100 Hz. Nun wieder wie sonst bei mir üblich auf 48000 Hz.