• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help capturing HDV video tape. I am unable to set Capture Format in Premiere Pro 22.6

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there I am wanting to capture tape based footage from my Sony camcorder. I have connected camera to iMac and it is saying camera is connected. I can control device from premiere pro but it is also saying 'capture device is offline'...I then go into project settings and for some reason i am unable to set capture settings to HDV. It won't let me select anything?? See screenshot. Does anyone have any clues here? I am working on an iMac, macOS Monterey 12.5.1. Premiere Pro is latest version 22.6.2. The capture worked perfectly for me back in April this year so I'm trying to work out what has changed since then?  Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 2.37.45 pm.png

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have in the Capture Panel settings?

capture format.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Richard - it turned out the latest version of PP wasn't compatible with my old tape camera...so I downloaded an older version of PP and it worked. I'm actually picking up a new Sony camera today so this won't be an issue anymore. Yay! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines