Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help moving a video though the frame/canvas

Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

First, I am self-teaching through a variety of resources and while I tend to be a quick learner, please be patient if my lingo is confusing.

Ok. So I am working on a montage of current events, video clips of news stories, most without using the audio, but plan on overlapping selected audio clips as the clips and articles move through the frame (perhaps called a canvas). While I have mastered motion (I think), what I cannot seem to get right is getting a video clip that I have changed the perspective (swivel) of to move in a "straight" line across my frame.

I keyframe the distance to object at the begining of the clip and would like the clips to crawl towards (or away) from the viewer as it plays. Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to achieve the desired effect. The video starts off playing (moving through the frame) as it should, but towards the end, its almost as if the track it is on curves towards me and the clip gets stuck until the end halfway in frame instead of continuing on past.

If this made any sense to you and you have the "magic" forumala, I would be very grateful. Also, any constructive criticism about word choice that may help better explain my issue would be welcomed.

Thanks much.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots of your timeline and Effects Control Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thank you for your response. I would be happy to provide screencaps if it will help, but please provide more specifics about what you would like to see.

I will attach a screencap of the timeline and Effect Control Panel (or where I edit the effects, not sure if you mean the workspace). I think you might require a screencap of my start and endpoint as well.

So I don't mess up what I have so far in my montage project, I am tinkering with this clip in a separate project. I am confident once I master the concept I would be able to duplicate it in my montage.

Ok. So while getting the screencaps together, I noticed that I had moved my clip far more to the right than to the left to get it out of frame. When I evened out these numbers it appeared to move as I want it too, however, because the clip is now moving much farther to the left, I lose video that I would prefer be seen in frame (it continues to play although you cannot see it). This makes me think it may have something to do with anchor points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your idea probably does not work as basic 3d goes from -100 to +100.

Use scale instead of distance to image.

Add basic 3d, nest then add motion or the transform effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try keyframing the anchor point instead of the position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines