• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud to learn video editing and invested in several courses. However, I’m struggling to get started with Premiere Pro. I couldn’t even rename a project after creating it and spent hours watching 13 tutorials without finding a solution. At 27, I used to be proficient in coding and picked up skills quickly, but after working in corporate environments, I feel like I’ve lost that ability to grasp new technical concepts. I’m starting to question whether I should keep pursuing video editing or if it’s time to let go of this ambition entirely. I would really appreciate your thoughts. Can someone help me understand Premier pro for like the basics so that i can coninue watching videos and learn further 

TOPICS
Editing , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

However, I’m struggling to get started with Premiere Pro. I couldn’t even rename a project after creating it and spent hours watching 13 tutorials without finding a solution.

By @Vaibhav_Chaudhary

You cannot rename a project from within Premiere Pro. (...but you sort of can...)

If you close Premiere Pro and locate the project file in a file explorer such as Explorer on Windows or Finder on Mac you can rename the the project file named ProjectName.prproj to NewName.prproj. Any file explorer can rename files.

Another way is to use Save As or Save a Copy in Premiere Pro. But that will not rename the current project, it will just create a new project file. I do not recommend this method to just rename a project unless you delete the original project file/s. It´s easy to end up with multiple versions and names on the same project and after a while you will wonder which one is actually the latest version. This method is good for creating copies for versioning purposes. The Save As command is a recepie for mulitple projects and confusion, so avoid it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines