Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Network drives not showing in media browser

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have multiple external USB drives that are connected to a 10 port USB hub that is connected to an 11 year old HP laptop running Win 10 Pro that is on the same network as my new laptop (also Win 10 Pro) that I am learning Premiere Pro on.  The drives are shared and accessible to my new MSI laptop but the media browser does not show any of the shared network drives at all.

I have this configuration becasuse if I want to take my much lighter MSI laptop into my bedroom if I leave the drives connected to the 11 year old HP (it has been massively upgraded as far as it can go - 2 drives both 1TB C: is SSD and second drive is mech, 16GB) and I leave the HP on I can still work with the files while on the MSI and in my bedroom.

I am using the Adobe CIB book series and the projects are located on one of the USB  drives and I can work with those files perfectly, but just only the media browser will not show the USB network shared drives.

Pics of my Windows Explorer showing the drives successfully shared and the PP media browser not showing any of the shared/network drives

Win 10 Pro Explorer Network Drives.jpgPP Missing Network Drives.jpg

All help appreciated.

Sincerely,

WonderWoman1977

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try adding a drive letter in Windows to the drives you are interested in. Open "Computer Management" and select Disk Management towards the bottom. The you can select drives and give them letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines