• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New import - How to delete files?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm still new to using Premiere Pro. 

I used the import option by accident and it's taken some of my files that I did not want to loaded into Premiere Pro. I managed to hit cancel so it didn't take all my files but I really want to remove what is currently in there. 

I tried deleting media cache and the existing projects but when I go into new project the files are still there. How do I go about removing them out of the Import menu? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the nuclear option:

Resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

There may be another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or if you meant that they are in the Project Panel, just highlight them and click Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To expand on what @Peru Bob wrote, if you have not started to edit yet then it might be easier to try again in the same Project.  In the Project tab of Premiere Pro, select all of the files - even the few you meant to import in the first place - and then press Delete.  The Delete action deletes the link to the source footage in the project, not the source footage on your hard drive.

Return to File > Import and select just the file or files that you want to import.  Another option is to select the files you want to import in the Finder or Explorer and then drag and drop those to the Project panel

Again, deleting files from the Project panel or the Bin panel does not affect files stored outside of Premiere Pro as source footage is linked to the Premiere Pro project file.   Source footage is not embedded into the Premiere Pro project file.

It’s also worth noting that the “Make Offline” option (not being used here) allows us to either move a file in the Finder/Explorer to the Trash/Recycle Bin or remove a file from the disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines