Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Project UI Glitch - Cannot start a new project

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for a few hours now and I'd like some guidance on how to debug this. 

paesoh_0-1715576006546.png

I cannot type the project name in even when I click on the media I want to import for the project. 

paesoh_1-1715576052388.png

There seems to be a UI glitch where I am not able to click on the text bars in Adobe Premiere Pro when I start up the program. There also seems to be a bounding box issue with the startup menu, it appears as a pop up to the side of the screen, but when I expand the premiere window it dissapears.

paesoh_2-1715576208751.pngpaesoh_3-1715576227788.png

I've tried restarting my computer and installing and uninstalling the program from Adobe Creative Cloud, but keep running into this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Community Expert , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

MPG is quite an old format: convert to something Premiere understands bette before import.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the entire import UI, instead of bits and pieces.

Do not use One Drive, but rather a local drive or external drive.

If you are using an Nvidia card, make sure you have the latest studio driver installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @Ann Bens said, it is difficult to tell what you're actually seeing with all those isolated images. It doesn't need to be very hi resolution, but it will help if we can see what your whole import mode screen looks like. Are you in a position to reset your prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Nividia card driver (GTX 1060) and moved my project to my external drive. I'm still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently not in a position to reset my preferences. Would resetting remove all of my editing presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paesoh_0-1715743827351.png

Now the program will open, but it's throwing this error and I can't drag clips to the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPG is quite an old format: convert to something Premiere understands bette before import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more details for the team, @paesohHow do I write a bug report?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @paesoh,

We didn't hear back from you so I'll move your report to the Discussions forum while we await the information the team will need to fix the issue. See: How do I write a bug report?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines