Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NO audio/Laggy playback on Filmic Pro footage

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here and I’ve searched all over the internet for a possible solution already.

This isn’t a normal VFR problem where the audio isn’t synced.

What my problem is:

Normal IOS camera app’s videos playback/editable/export is perfectly fine. But some of Filmic Pro’s footage is laggy, sometimes plays the audio and sometimes it doesn’t (Even on the same file). In the timeline, the audios show no wave form. Its the same whether if it’s in the bin or in timeline, if it doesn’t play any audio, it won’t anywhere. If it does, it will on both.

My Premiere pro version:

Its premiere pro cc 12.0.1, I already cleared the cache manually as well. It plays back fine with audio in Davinci Resolve but I’m not well versed in it and really want to use Premiere.

Frame rates:

Majority of them were in 60fps and some were in 24fps. All with Filmic Pro extreme.

Exported file:

Since ”sometimes” there’s an audio feedback, I tried exporting once (when there was no audio playback) and the final render didn’t have any audio either.

Fixed Frame converter:

I used handbrake but there’s too many videos and it just crashes.

PC Specs:

Core i7 7700HQ

16GB Ram

4GB GTX 1050Ti

256 SSD

Thanks in advance,

avishka.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer, but I have tried this as a work around - drag the clip into media encoder and export an audio only file, then link that to the Filmic clip in premiere.

I'd love to have a real solution and skip this extra step though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the exact same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - sucks big time. What's going on, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happening to me recently really often, I was just turning all audio tracks off and then turning then on, making them solo then turning that option off and it starts working properly. Don;t know why this happens , I think in the next update this will be fixed,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, Filmic pro video track plays back first time with sound when Premiere Pro is opened, but when I go back to the beginning of the sequence the Filmic pro video clip has no sound! Is this an Adobe issue or Filmic Pro issue??? I have tried muting and un-muting, soloing etc, nothing works, it only works if you close Prem Pro and restart it everytime you want to play back your sequence which is just crazy???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently there are known errors with FilmicPro files as you can see in this thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2441443

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2500056

The error is similar to the one mentioned here, it is observed that the problem occurs in the audio encoder in FilmicPro that is not compatible with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Juanmario, that is very helpful information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone actually found a fix to this yet?

I'm having the same problem. I just bought the new iPhone XS and Filmic Pro. Video footage is phenomenal but for the footage's audio to not work in Premiere Pro is such a shame!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines