• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No cuts ocurring in multi-camera editing

Engaged ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit some footage from a concert (Premiere Pro CC V 9.2, Lenovo Thinkstation PC, Win 7).   I had 2 cameras and a field recorder.

1.  I created a multi-camera source Sequence

2. From that I did a New Sequence from Clip

3. I toggled multi camera view on.

As I scrub through my footage I can see both camera angles in the left side of the multi-camera view.   But in the tutorials I've seen online when people select different angles, the selected one appears on the right side, the border turns red and a cut is made in the timeline.    On mine the selected one appears on the right side, but the border stays yellow and no cut is made in the timeline.   (yes, I know I have to stop to see the cuts).   Screen shots below . . .

MC_Sel1.jpg

. . .

MC_Sel2.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I'm selecting the different angles with my mouse.   Several tutorials mention doing it with the numeric keypad but that doesn't seem to do anything (I tried it both with and without num-lock).

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

I found the answer.  This is another thing I find confusing about Adobe Premiere.  It turns out that I had to enable both of blue V2's on the blank line on the timeline above the V1 video track that actually seems to have something on it.  When I did that everything seemed to work as expected, but I don't understand it.

I know I have two cameras so there are two video tracks in there somewhere, but only the V1 track is populated on the timeline     What's a good way to conceptualize this so I can

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community, I am having this 'problem' as well but not sure if that's just how it is on PC

I'm coming from a Mac interface with lots of multicam experience. Is it really true that I am unable to make cuts in the timeline using the numbers while the playhead is stopped on a PC? I have had success in changing cams and showing the cuts after playing, but that isn't the real workflow. It will change the cam where you are in the timeline but not make a cut when it is stopped.

I want to be able to play/pause and make cuts/change camse on the fly or when stopped for more precise work.

Is there a fix or workaround please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so after a little more working in the PC Premiere multi-cam edit, the Camera Angle change cuts seem to be taking effect even when the playhead is stopped. It was such a weird issue that maybe only applies when there are more than a few cuts in the timeline. I did reassign the keys to make sure they were set to what I want and that only. (First set as old FCP7 standard, and then made changes as needed).

Overall, so far I gotta say the PC is pretty quick at jamming through 5-cams worth of music videos smoothly and chomps through warp stabilization pretty well too.

The lack of cuts for change cams in the beginning was somewhat of an anomaly, but certainly drove me a little crazy. Fixed now with Keyboard Shortcuts in the Edit dropdown menu as well as making sure you have the correct setup as other contributors have mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines